34 bull down

majo22

Bulls werent talking much at all the first day. We were able to get bugles on the ridge tops at about 9am to 10am but every time we would get close the bulls would disappear like ghosts. worked all saturday and saw nothing but some cows late in the morning. Woke up sunday and started down a canyon. Spotted two cows and heard bulls going off all around us on the ridges. We spotted two cows in a meadow and decided to follow them to a bull that was talking. Thought we pushed them too hard but a few cow calls from my buddie fixed that and slowed them back down. Got to a meadow with about 20-25 cows in in but didnt see the bull right away. I thought that they were already up in the ridges because that were all the talking was coming from. Then I saw some antlers and counted 5 points so I got in position to shoot. I had to move around some thick stuff for a shot. He was just grazing away very slowley ass end pointed right at me. I noticed he was a at least a 6x5 as soon as he turned I took a quartering away 132 yard shot. He dropped where he stood. Hit a little far back in the ribs but no guts at all. Ended up blowing up a lung and bullet lodged very deep in his spine. As we got closer I realized he was a 6x6. It was a long pack out but well worth it.

first time ive scored anything. Just went off the B&C website if I did it right it looks like he goes 288 4/8. If his eye guard hadnt broken he would have gone 304 4/8 after deductions. If I measured correctly.

Bulls were going off sunday morning very early get out there before sun up. Hopefully they are still vocal for you guys.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom