34 YOUTH ELK HUNT

H

HILLBILLY

My son & high are heading out missouri for his 34 youth hunt,curious if anybody has been out,rut over or just getting underway.thanks for any info. & best of luck on your hunts.

as of the 27th the bulls would start bugling around 7:30am and continue to do so until 10am. none of the bulls were rutting or were with cows. they didnt even seem to care about rutting. they appeared to be bugling just to bugle. we were in about 9 different bulls ranging from raghorns to 350". not one cared about rutting. the 350 bull was about a 5 year old bull so one would havd thought he would be rutting. should be a killer youth hunt and there are some big ones in 34 right now. thats for sure.

You may have already left for your hunt.
I left there yesterday after 5 day muzzy hunt for mule deer.
The area we hunted was east of Mayhill about 12 miles.
Heard some talking Saturday Oct 1 through Wednesday.
Really were talking Tue evening during that evening & night during thunder storms that were comming through.
Best of luck to you.
Please post pictures.
I will be in 15 on the 15th on muzzy hunt.
Elk hunting New Mexico is the best.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom