4/15 MM BL Weigh-In Results

ramtagless

7739mm_biggest_loser_4-15-10.jpg

Pretty good weigh-in guys, we collectively lost an additional 90 pounds to bring our total to 927 pounds.

Looks like next weigh-in we will cut a bunch of guys. I am a little disappointed in that and would like to see everyone stick it out. Those that are in please see it through to the 1st of September. Drop out now and about July you will regret it.

If you are in the Salt Lake area and need motivation for some good exercise, see Founders post in regards to the 5K race for the cure. Those races are a lot of fun and it almost (almost) feels like its not actually exercise. Obviously a good cause and looks like donations are an option if you can not run.

A bunch of guys drew good tags and that is the best motivation you can have. If you are fit, you will be more effective and your tough hunt will be much more enjoyable.

I have noticed that a lot of guys are just steadly, quietly losing a couple of pounds each weigh-in and that is great. A couple of pounds a month will get you where you want to be by hunting season.

Next time around we will have a pretty small group and tracking each others success will be a lot easier (not to mention updating the spread sheet).

NMPaul had a good couple of weeks. Caelkhunter really hit it hard, unless I got my numbers wrong? If the numbers are right, he hit it out of the park. Camper-A1 lost 11 pounds, a huge weigh in. I need a big number like that...

I will also bring back a post from erock and broadside shot.

Stick to your diet and work hard, that is all you have to do. In terms of exercise, if you are not sweating and huffing and puffing...you need to kick it up a notch. My biggest issue is consistency, I need to focus and commit. Good luck...

This is a post of EROCK1313 I copied from the weigh-in thread. He has lost 35 pounds and 16% of his body weight.

Congratulations, definitely an accomplishment to be proud of. It takes a lot of dedication to pull something like that off. Winning 2500 bucks is a nice reward. Thanks for having the testicular fortitude to post up those photos. :)

Ok, since I am PROUD of my accomplishment thus far and since No One has dared to post pictures (that I'm aware of), I thought I would be a little daring and I would be the first (sorry about pic quality - was from my phone):

This is my Mountain Man - "Before" picture from January 2010 and my Im going to Conquer the Mountain - "After" picture from last Tuesday - April 13,2010. As you can tell, over 30 lbs lost and 17" along with 10% Body Fat lost thus far (most noticeable in my face). I participated in a "Get Fit Challenge" that was sponsored by my apartments that coincided with the start of this MM Challenge (January 2010 til now).

I just found out on Saturday - April 17, 2010; that I WON the Challenge. I won $2500 that will undoubtedly go towards my Utah General Archery Hunt in the backcountry!!

Now......My mission is to get back up to 195-200 lbs of Solid Muscle! I will keep you guys posted as I progress, because August is just around the corner and I plan on hauling out an Archery Elk and Deer!!

I wish all of you who are doing this MM Challenge, the GREAT Success and Change - Inside and Outside that I am feeling now! Good Luck All!!!

Another copied post, this one from Broadside_shot. He has lost 41 pounds. That is life changing, buying new clothes, the whole thing. He makes a good point about changing your routine so your body does not adapt. Going from long sessions of moderate cardio to P90X is a big change and will definitely shock the system. Please let us know how P90X is working. I was doing the insanity work out, bought P90x and will get started in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the contribution.

Alright, Here is what is working for me.

First off Is diet. I went extremely healthy, went to the doctor and got some recommends on diet plans. No bad carbs, no sugars, no processed foods, no fried foods, lots of water, Lots of fruit and veggies.

I would eat about six times a day, averaging about 250 calories a meal. Don't consume 1500 calories all at once and then don't eat the rest of the day, it messes with your bodies metabolism and puts it into reserve mode. I would eat at the same times every day. This was very hard for the first couple weeks. It takes a toll mentally.

Depending on how much excess weight you have will dictate how fast and how much you will lose. I had alot of excess and was at my heaviest I have ever been, That why it went fast at first. The tough thing is soon your body relizes you are losing and naturally wants to store fat.

Then comes excercise.

I have always been someone who likes to compete and go hardcore. At a young age that worked well but as I have got older (36) all it does is increase appetite and my metablolism is slower therefore the harder I work the slower recovery time which translated into lazy.

So now I do low impact excercises (I learned this from Randy Couture about training at his age for MMA). I like the eliptical on a medium setting for an hour to an hour and a half. I like the calorie burn program on the treadmill (basically walking hills).

It supposedly takes 20 minutes of workout before you start to burn fat so my theory was go for 60 to 90 with an easier workout instead of 30 hard minutes. When I am done with my workout I feel great, not to tired, not to hungry therefore it is easier to go back the next day. Recovery time is shorter.

It's not like I found some lose tons of weight by doing nothing this does take time but now that I am down to where I want to be I just make sure my portions are smaller and I am really careful about snacking and picking at food all day.

I haven't been adding muscle yet and have noticed myself getting a little weaker. My daughter is trying out for High School soccer and that is why I am going to be doing P90X with her. Hopefully I can replace what left over fat I have with some muscle and stay about the same wait. If so the Muleys won't have a chance.

It has also helped my shooting accuracy

Sorry for the long post but this is what is been working for me

Thanks
Jerry Slaugh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom