406 Bull

ELKLOVER

I hate to do it, but I got a question for you all. I got a divorce within the last year and the lawyer fees are killing me. Right now my dad has been using his retirement money (he was a teacher) to help me pay the bills. I owe him thousands and the lawyer too. Here's my question. I have a perfect typical 6x6 bull that goes 406 and some change. I really really don't want to sale this mount unless I got a lot for it. I've heard rumors of wealthier guys buying stuff like this for probably too much money to decorate a cabin or hunting lodge. Any of you know anyone like that? I know guys think their heads are worth more than they are, but I would really like to find a place or a person that wants this bull bad. I've already checked RMEF and Cabela's. They don't want to pay what I need. This bull was actually on tour with RMEF. I know this all sounds crazy, but if you know someone like that please PM me. Thanks.

I'd rather see someone loan you the money.
If all else fails, call Don Schauffleur.
He buys big heads.
He sold his collection to Cabelas and owns the Broder Buck.
He might be interested.

http://www.antlersunlimited.com/

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, hope things turn around for you.
HH

Try advertising in Jackson Hole. Those lodges might be interested in purchasing it. I agree with teh earlier post, wish someone would loan you the money instead of giving up your hard earned trophy.

Yep, that was me! Thought I could save it, but the lawyer bills have piled up too much. It wasn't a year ago though. Maybe 1/2 a year or so. Thought I could swing it, but dipping into dad's retirement is just too much. I don't like the thought of borrowing money either. I just have a hard time with that. I'm the kind of guy that takes out a loan to buy a 15-20 thousand dollar truck and it takes me 5-6 years to pay it off. That sucks and I don't want to owe someone that kind of money. Someone did offer that last time though, which was greatly appreciated. I'd rather just sale something and pay the bills out-right. I just thought you'd have some opinions, which some of you had and I appreciate them. I will look into it. Thanks guys!

A few thousand. I'm being very hard headed though. I know what I want is crazy, but I'm holding out for that amount. Otherwise I'll keep it.

Lets see the bull

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Gee's if they were just sheds you picked up and you need the money that bad then sell the damn things for what someone is willing to give you, its not like you spent 15 years applying for the pahvant to kill it!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Yep, just sheds. Been shed hunting over 15 years. Only 400 plus set I got. Probably never get another. Like I said though, I'm being pretty hard headed. Another reason for the hard headed-ness is if I sale the head I break the chain of 3 straight years of this bull. My brother has him the year before at a little over 380, I got him the next year at 404-406, and then my brother's buddy found him winter killed at about 408. I think he was done growing. We also think the wolves got em'. Anyways, it's pretty cool having 3 years of the same bull.

Why are you asking then?! If they mean that much to you then I doubt anybody has enough money to buy them. I know my memories aren't for sale. Not to be rude but it sounds like your asking someone to give you ferrari price for a corvette. Any how I hope things work out for you.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Take a good quality picture and then take the offer of a 'couple thousand' and sell them. I am sure your dad worked hard for his retirement money. Take care of the business at hand, its just some horn and hair. This will let your dad know that you do not take diping into HIS retirement lightly.

Dump 'em. Dipping into dads retirement money because you want to keep something you found on a mountain. . . priority check man.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I'd think long and hard about getting rid of a bull like that, i KNOW you can't replace it for what your going to get out of it.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

I'd be selling those antlers before I would be taking my dads retirment money that's for sure. No set of sheds worth that.

I see where a lot of you are coming from. Believe me, I've had plenty of "Reality Checks." I've actually almost sold the head once and the only reason I didn't was because MY DAD talked me out of it. His thinking was along the line of Slam's. You can always make more money, but 400 elk don't come around that often. Yeah, I am asking too much, but you never know. I know of a guy that sold a 378 bull to another man for $75,000.00 a few years ago! This was in Red Lodge, Montana. The guy wanted it for his fancy new trophy home. That's the deal I'm looking for (yeah right). Although I know it won't probably come along. I guess if it comes down to it I get a second job or whatever it takes to pay back dad. Besides, selling the bull for $3000 would still leave me short $9000. Then I'd still be in debt to dad and I wouldn't have the head either.

Any of you ever had replicas made? I wonder what that would cost? Then sale the head.

I would contact real estate offices In Ut, COLO,AZ, and for sure TX that deal in selling Multi-million dollars Home's and offer to hang it in the open houses and tell them it will go with the house for a nice dollar amount, I'm think $75,000.00 as a starting point. bet you you will have a better chance moving it that way.Good luck I hope your dad's retirement fills back up soon.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I think you are a little too emotionally invested in those sheds. Sell them that's the healthy and responsible thing to do. If you can get a few grand in this economy take the money and run. After all it's free money if you found the sheds. You would have spent the same amount on gas looking for them whether you found them or not.

If the bible were re-written today the golden calf would be replaced by a set of antlers. People are too caught up in the trophy way too much, as if it's some sort of measurement of self-worth.

Sell them now and maybe lady luck will shine down on you and you'll find a 420" set next year.

Dude, You should have pulled an O.J on her ,way cheaper,If you sell those sheds she's going to get half if her lawyer finds out, your wife sounds like a money grubin b-tch, you should of got video of her cheatin on ya or something..

Are these sheds mounted detachable? Replicas are the perfect options for you and they are near perfect, for example; most all the antlered game heads including the spider bull that are on display at cabelas are reproductions. feel free to pm me if you need help in this department, reproductions can be expensive for materials but are well worth the cost and results are excellent... most taxidermist should be able to produce a quality repro for you. I am based out of ogden and run a small taxidermy shop, if that is convenient, i could help you out...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom