42" oryx bull.....PICS???

Cookie2

Very Active Member
I hear it from VERY GOOD source that a 42" bull went down on WSMR recently. I still haven't seen any pics on here. Someone has GOT to get on the ball and fill us in. It's HIGHLY unethical to allow this type of speculation to run rampant without pics.
Stinkystomper.... Do you have any info on this supposed monster?
ktc.... Didn't you recently go on the range?
Either one of you two hear of this one?

I wouldn't know a thing about such an oryx since I'm no oryx guide and it's an absolute must to hire a guide if you have any sort of aspirations at all of killing an oryx that large. Besides, I doubt 42" oryx bulls exist. I bet the oryx you are hearing of is closer to 41". That would be more reasonable. Sorry I can't help you but I'm just a moron redneck when it comes to oryx hunting. BTW: KTC is supposedly hunting in NM supposedly again!????? Like I said I'm clueless and wouldn't know anything on this issue. Anyone seen any giant antelope killed lately supposedly pushing well past the 80" mark???? I'm hearing rumors of that one as well and everytime these rumors pop up ktc starts running silent! hmmmmmmmmmm!

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

Top ten is what I'm hearing as well. Of course the supposed hunter must be a recluse like NMPaul! Maybe we start callin him the UTrecluse???

Geez guys! I am right here! It is not far off. I sure hope I can kill a bull like the one in HF. That thing is awfully nice and made my mouth water! You gonna help me still stinky?;-)

Ty, you sure you want to enlist his help!? Besides, we all know he doesn't know the difference between speed goats and oryx anyways....he'll just put you on a big doe speedgoat.

Sure I'll help. I got some pics of the exact oryx your lookin for. Wanna see em???? You sorry terd! rofl!

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

Do me a favor ty. Remember the bs I told you about going on behind the scenes???? It's even worse now. Everyone is already claiming success for you oryx. Please don't post the pics or the story on mm. You were right to begin with and would start a firestorm if you do. your friend balz is a first class uh hum. Anyways, he lives close so I will look him up in my spare time. That's a promise. Thanks for the pm balz!

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

I doubt anyone would want to hear anything about a 30" bull/cow any way. I dont want to chase a 48" cow that everyone and their dog is going after. I will be happy with a left-over and less inches.

My cousin Tony sponsored a hunter last month that killed a large bull that was nearly 42" A taxidermist in Alamogordo says the large bull will be number 6 in the world. The bull has lost over 3/4 inches in the last month in shrinkage.

OH REALLY NOW????? You wouldn't happen to have any pics of this supposed monster now would you Gabe? My sources are telling me that there really is a monster bull down but given the jealousy and overall childishness of a select few here on MM they won't be posting.
I personally think it is a crying shame that someone with an ENTIRELY overinflated EGO cannot accept the fact that it is possible(maybe with an exuberant amount of luck mixed in, or NOT)that someone has outdone him and his EXPERT guiding abilities and put a monster on the ground without his help, is keeping someone else from beilg proud of their accomplishment.
I say SCREW that clown and let's get back to the backslapping and story telling of the good old days. So what if some crybaby cant handle being outdone? If you can't handle the heat......
Let's see it!!!!!!

Did you measure him lately Gabe? I doubt he has lost 3/4"? However you probably know more than I.

Who is the childish ego driven baby Cookie? His initials would not be ss would they?;-) Oh this is fun stuff! I wish I had photos Cookie!

Well cookie the hunter asked not to post his pics. I have to respect my cousin and his hunter. You have my cousins cell give him a call.

No ktc although he does have quite the ego I was referring to all the so called "experts" who will undoubtedly give you grief over your accomplishment. The "ethics police" are another one of my sore spots. They are also mostly jealous of others accomplishments and spend countless hours trying to pick holes in others stories because there is no way you did what I havent't been able to do.
I'm just fed up with all the negative BS that goes on here and wish others could call a spade a spade and get on with it! I really enjoy the pics of others bucks, bulls, toms,etc.... it's the number one reason I started frequenting this site but now half of the members won't post because of one reason or another. The NM forum was once the friendliest room on MM but a select few are fast making it the least and I say.... SYFM! If you can't congratulate another on his animal then we (I) don't particularly care what's rolling around in that melon of yours. I'm not referring to the digs and pokes we give each other because we all grew up in hunting camps where that was part of the overall atmosphere that we loved so much.
So come on man..... you wanna start the new NM forum with a pic of that monster? I got your back man.

Every ones talking about the 42" and the 48" I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. My 60 year old dad missed a 40+ bull on the Oscuro last Sat. We got back on the bull and he hammered a cow. At first my cousin Tony and I were disappointed. After seeing the ear to ear smile on my old man, I realized that he didn't care about the score he was just happy to be hunting with family and friends!
She turned out to be 33"

Many hunters out there have my cousin to thank for taking them out on the range. Most of those hunters put in for the badge hunt and didn't have a sponsor. They could have eaten tag soup! My cousin was nice enough to sponsor these people for no pay just for the opportunity to be out on the hunt. This will all stop next year. Hunters who draw the badge hunt without a sponsor will be SOL!!!

Very nice Oryx Gabe! I just saw the pics. No, I wont post them. I will say Tony P is a damn nice guy and I now call him friend.

Gabe,

Tony called me Sunday evening and told me the story. Did he use his Chilis card when you went out to eat?;-)

If anyone tries bowhunting oryx (stallion) let me know, everyone says it is impossible but it is not. The short time makes it tough but trying for 1 day with bow is worth it. I should have taken mine with bow but screwed up my stalk, had I paid SLIGHTLY more attention I would have had a broadside shot at a nice bull at 30 yards. Instead I have a broadside stairdown.

Enjoy the hunt, getting an oryx is not tough. Please do not roadhunt like most guys. Get out and walk.

I finally took my bull up high, 800 foot climb, was awesome more like sheep hunting and made my hunt stalking in the cliffs.

They are neat animals, enjoy, good luck KTC.

I would recommend to at least try the first day and if your hardcore the second day too. Stallion has several location you can do some great bow hunting. You want to hit the north eastern and southern portions of the hunt zone. These areas have lots of cover and the oryx are in smaller groups allowing you to do a good stalk without the eyeballs. These areas can provide higher areas to glass from as well. The hills are easy to walk but plan on walking several miles, make sure you are prepared. If the wind is good and the cover is right you definitley can get it done. I know of 1 hunter that hunted last year both days with his bow and killed an oryx. It will be difficult but if it wasn't challenging I am sure you wouldn't be a bow hunter. Good luck...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom