44 scouting

bugle4one

My friend has a 44 deer tag and we have been scouting hard for the past month and a half. We have covered most of the unit. I have never had trouble finding deer in the unit before? I have seen several good bulls but not the buck we are looking for. I'm looking for any tips or help and would be willing to help someone who has an elk tag. I'm actually surprised how few deer we are actually seeing? I grew up near the unit and have hunted with friends several times but no luck yet. Thanks in advance for any info!

man u must NOT be looking ACCORDING to our F&G IDIOTS there is a robust population of deer & elk ALL ACROSS THE STATE IN FACT they stated IT COULD BE A RECORD YEAR !!! I don't know which part of the state these fricking Numb NUTS were looking in... I hunt in 31 & we are seeing fewer deer than last year as well !!!! there are so really good bucks in 44 so keep looking they are there

Hunted it last year seen ton of deer. Ill pm when I get home. At lunch at work now.

We've been out archery hunting in other areas and seeing more deer than last year in general units.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-14 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]wont let me upload. Seen some good ones up there.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/71902_(2).jpg
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/87392_(1).jpg

Saw a couple more small bucks but nothing to shoot at yet! Time is running out to find one before the opener! We'll keep looking!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-14 AT 02:09PM (MST)[p]It's a long season. Aren't there going to be like 300 tag holders if you include those who rolled over from last year due to the fire?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom