481 bull elk

RE: Way to go outdoor writer

It should be the last we hear from them but it won't be cause they have guiding exclusivity to one of the prime and rare ranches in Arizona. How that happened, I have no idea.

what - after looking at the pictures - not only a bogus story but i think they exagerated on the scores at tad also - i don't see a 383 bull or a 370 bull -- MD

And that my friends is the proverbial "kick in the junk" when it comes to word of mouth advertising...

It spreads like a cancer, good or bad!

pocorn5.jpg

Need to make some more up..........

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-09 AT 05:57PM (MST)[p]ponderosa, I call BS, that's a photoshop job if I ever saw one! G1s have obviously been altered. I've always said though, that if you want me to totally understand something it needs to be in crayon.

Also, when are you guys going to understand that you need to put the tongue back in the mouth on the dead animal photos, looks like hell, geeze.

Kent

Ok Here is how I can describe the bull. He is a great typical frame. Maybe 370-380 with 10" kickers off the base of both G-4's Then he has a 50" extra that comes off his left side, above his G-2. It goes straight up and forks at the end!

great bull, but not worth +100 posts

TR
www.sonoranoutfitters.net

Feel bad for the bull he deserves better than to be pulled into this mess. How about honoring him with a name ?

I submit: "The Karma Bull"

>Feel bad for the bull he
>deserves better than to be
>pulled into this mess. How
>about honoring him with a
>name ?
>
>I submit: "The Karma Bull"

LMAO how about the bull we never saw cause some !@#$% chose not to show it??? " I am taking my ball home now ". SO THERE

...sure glad I've been in utah for the last week scouting sheep....bess too....he'll be just as glad he missed this.....Keep keeping them honest Tony...good job

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I like that name "The Karma Bull" They sure got the rug pulled.
I wonder if the same story happen on this Bull maybe he wasn't shot where they say too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I do not know any of the Double D guys and have never had a bad experience with them. I do know for a fact that the ranch in northwest az where they do a lot of their hunting was ticketed by azgfd for posting public land as private property. The matter went to court in Seligman, Az last year. All of this information is public record for anyone to veiw.

well we do know the ranch, and they do act like they own the state land surrounding it! and we are going to kill 2 400" bulls right on their fence! they have posted signs all over but a 7 dollar map and a gps doesn't lie! and I like the "bull chit" bull better!

I hope u do kill a couple on their fence. I would like to give a couple suggestion. Take a video camera with you on the hunt incase you have a confilict with anyone. Stay on the state portion of the ranch so they can't complain about people tresspasing and if you do have any conflict with the ranch or outfitter let game and fish no about it asap.

cat we've been hunting that place for over 20 years and haven't had a problem till they got the lease. im a guide myself and I am fully aware that everyone has the same rights to hunt public land as I do! I've never hunted private land and don't really care to hunt theirs, they kill most them huge elk on public land, they just have easy access through the ranch. but I have no problems fighting for my rights to hunt public land, I've seen their signs at the access points for years and pay no mind to them. and the g&f have backed us on this in every instance. they are jerks and they do think its all theirs. but im used to it, every time some guy finds a huge animal they act like its theirs!

I to used to hunt the ranch befor it was locked up. Way back in the late 80's it was one of my favotite places to go even back when there were no elk on the place. I agree with you on everything except them killing most of the big bulls on public. There is no question that the best portions of the ranch are private and the majority of the elk are on the private property durring the rut. I know it is very posible to kill a good one on edges of the private and wish you the best of luck in doing so. I would like to know how the hunt goes for you. Please share your story when it's over

I just read a gajilion posts and I still didn't see a picture of a 481 elk.
The wheel on my mouse is smoking.

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

I was watching a big antelope buck in a fairly popular area and had the guides in question pull up just to let me know that the private property started just 1 1/2 mile to the west of where I was. Another words they had a client that wanted to kill the goat I was watching, they just wanted to make sure the antelope knew I was there to help keep me from putting a sneak on him.

Then run in to the usual illegal land posting and even had them on the private side cutting elk off as we were trying to call them over to us.

I did end up on their property, on accident and was run off by the guides. No fence, in a spot that they had a dead tree painted red. Had my head up my butt while my buddy (who was new to the area) drove onto a private section while scouting. We left, and the rancher ran me down. I appologized and told him it was my fault, and it would not happen again, but he kept pushing my buttons, I almost wanted to pound his eyes shut that day.

Is that ethical?

I've seen the bull as well. Sonoran is describing the bull right. HUGE inline. I guess that is the SCI score of 481. The inches seem to add up, but it is definitely a weird way with that inline accounting for so much of it. I haven't seen the score sheet though.

Rackem

489f6a687e21e4e4.jpg

INTERVIEW WITH GOD
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/popup-frame.html

Thanks for posting the story Tony!! Sucks that the facts weren't accurate for sure..... Interesting to hear their accounts of 'bugling bulls' all through-out the story! I've never heard that much bugling on a NOVEMBER hunt!! ;-)

Either way, I can't wait to see the pics of this latest brute!

S.

:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom