76 archery deer

R

Rudyholl

Drew a archery tag for 76 and was just wondering if someone could or would share some info. Thanks.

I think (part of) the reason your post are not getting much of a response is because its not much of a deer unit. I have spent some time there and have seen exactly one doe.

It is a big unit, so maybe I am off base. Lots of 'above treeline' to hunt though...might be some deer around for the archery season.

Go have fun and if nothing else you will see a lot of elk. Good luck...

I have hunted Deer there but it has been a while. I would focus on the Aspen Thickets. Try the top ridge of Box Canyon above Rio Grande,Long Ridge and areas below Bristol Head. The areas East of Creede along Farmer Creek. There may not be a lot of deer in the unit but there are some whoppers. I have seen in years past some huge Bucks. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

If I had a deer tag for 76, I would hunt Bristol... Seen some of the nicer 76 bucks in that area. Haven't been there for a few years, but will be scouting 76 this summer for my muzzy elk tag.

I too have an archery tag. To some extent tagless is correct, however, trust me as have I have spent a lot time in the unit, there are some pigs. That time of year you find the best above timberline in the buck brush. Hopefully you have sometime to scout, otherwise it is going to be no fun. We watched three deer last year that I would bet the ranch are 190 or better. Hopefully we can find them this year. Good luck

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-10 AT 08:04PM (MST)[p]That is a great tag. Wanna trade? For $20 I'll tie up a nice 200 class muley to a tree above Rio Grande Res. for you this weekend. Give it some thought. (GPS coordinates included +tax) BYA you'll stick one. later homeslice.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom