7MM-08! QUESTION

OH NO !!!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

>OH NO !!!
>
>
>"Democracy is two wolves and a
>lamb voting on what to
>have for lunch. Liberty is
>a well-armed lamb contesting the
>vote."
>--Benjamin Franklin 1759

How about

Blackknight;

Where have you been for the past two months. If you had been checking in with this forum on occasions, you would never have posted that question about the 7mm-08.
We have one member who will advise you that only women and a limp wristed excuse for manhood would ever consider using a 7mm-08 for hunting. He will go on to tell you that the bullet drops like a rainbow and will bounce off the hide of a tought old mule deer. he will then tell you to buy a 270 and forget that ###**** 7mm-08.
To answer your question, and to not offend Jack O'Conner 11, go to any web site for reloading and you will get answers to your questions about the 7mm-08. It is very similar to the military 7mm Mauser in preformance.

RELH

I had one in a remington model 7 ss. I sold it and REGRET IT! I WILL REPLACE IT, same gun....Its a great deer and antelope round and inside 200 yards with a good bullet and the right shot placement , it will anchor even elk, would be a nice gun for cow elk hunts...

so many igernut people......so little time........i read that the 7mm/08 is the gun of choice of the brokeback hunters.....

then get her a 6mm/08.(.243). less recoil, better ballistics, terrific deer rifle.

blackknight;

I have to agree with RLH on the .243. It is a excellant deer caliber to start out a child on deer hunting and they can continue with it until they go to hunting bigger game. Very good bullet selection over the counter also.

RELH

>Its for my daughter who is
>ten and weighs 63lbs.
>I have my guns.

I suppose it would suffice until shes about 80 lbs and can handle a real gun....

coyote13home;

NOW!! you know that was uncalled for, I hope you are ashamed of yourself for picking on your elders. But, on second thought, 257 Roberts may also be a good caliber. HA-HA-HA, bet you did not expect me to admit that did you!!!

RELH

Own a 7mm08 for my kids and wife. Great gun and caliber IMO. They can chase everything up to Elk and recoil is wonderful. Also comes in Youth models, although I steered away from them since my wife uses it too.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

Try a .308 and use low recoil ammo. There is little recoil and you can eventually step up to a hotter bullet.

rlh, I have em'! I'm abvioulsy not gonna get any help from you or relh! So for the rest of you that have a 7mm-08 and have a nice elk workup load let me know. Thanks! I like to make impossible guns into possible guns. Its sort of like using ultra light tackle for largemouth bass. Some would saw get a good uglystick or med action but for others we like using the light stuff for the thrill!! So before you start saying use a 243 well I have that too but wish to have her shoot this 7mm-08! Who knows maybe well start using high powered air rifles!!

Blackknight, my friend has a ton of sucess with his 7-08, he has been using Hornady 139gr Interbonds but he has a new load with 140gr Accubonds that shoot a little better and I witnessed 2 elk being taken with his gun 1@ 120yds the other @ 276yds and they didn't know if it was a 7-08 or 7mm Ultra , when I get home this weekend I will PM you his load data,good luck Jon

any round that's killed as many enemy snipers as the .308 deserves much respect. I've watched people do amazing things with one at 1,000 yards.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-06 AT 03:00PM (MST)[p]Blacknight, you will not regret buying this caliber for your daughter. I started my daughter out with a Remington Model 7 stainless synthetic in 7mm-08 when she was 9. She killed her first elk (cow) with it at age ten at 125 yards. She killed her second elk (a nice bull) at age 11, that time the shot was 267 yards (per my bushnell rangefinder) it only took one shot, the bullet went through both lungs and broke the off shoulder.

I like this round so much that I also bought a rifle for my son in this caliber.

I also shoot it for Mule deer and whitetail.

This caliber is also the number one choice of hi power rifle silhouette shooters.

Hope this helps.

Longtine

PS 139gr Hornady SPBT for Deer
154gr Hornady SPBT for Elk

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom