89 or 93 antelope???

pauns08

Been studying both units and can't decide what unit to go with wondering if some of you can help me decide. Seems that both units have good public access just wondering if one is better in any way than the other as I've never set foot in either unit? I have 4 non resident points and I'm fine applying for the special tag. I think I have a shot at 89 special this year but I might be another year or two out for 93. Wondering what to do?

If your ready to hunt now put in for what ya have a chance at drawing and enjoy the hunt, never hunted 93 but I don't think you would be disappointed in 89!!!

Have you hunted 89? If so what caliber bucks are in the unit? I've been trying to study up on how to field judge a bit but I'm not set on a score I just want a "big" antelope to put on my wall. You think I'd be happy in 89? Also public access isn't a problem at all is it? Thank you for the reply also I appreciate it.

Unit 93 has plenty of public ground. We have hunted it 5 times but it has been a while. I got lucky and took a 80" buck on one of the hunts but he was the only one we found that was that big in the 5 times we hunted there.

Ok thanks for the reply, trying to decide if I want to hunt 89 this year or just buy another point and wait for 93 if in fact 93 is even better than 89. Decisions decisions lol

The last time we hunted 93 there had been a bit of a winter kill and we didn't see near as many antelope that we had seen on the previous hunts, but my friend did take a 78" buck that year.
That was about 5 years ago.

Hunted second season in 89 a couple years ago. Pronghorn in pretty much every direction i looked.

I glassed maybe 100 bucks and almost all the bucks were the 12 inch variety, saw a few bigger ones here and there. I figure there may be some larger ones available in the first season. Honestly I didnt put forth a whole lot of effort.

I would do it again.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom