a few pics with the new camera...

dslaughter

I took the plunge and bought a new digital SLR this summer and after a couple of thousand photos, bombarding TFinal and Deerking with a million questions I decided to post a few.
These guys arent to big but they were cooperative and when you're trying to figure out what you're doing cooperation beats the heck out of big.

DSC_0110.jpg

over-the-shoulder.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

and here's an elk from earlier this summer...

DSC_0051.jpg

I hope you enjoy,
ds

Thanks, Drum.
I got a great deal on a Nikon D70S this summer and I had a few Nikon lenses so I went that way. I'm starting to learn that you're probably going to end up with more money in Lenses than camera bodies so buy the camera body with the best lense options. I'm happy with Nikon though but the D80 came out since then and it has better resolution so I would look at it first next time.
ds

Nice shots D, looks like the new set up is working well for you.

AntlerQuest Scouting & Hunt Consulting

Good to see youre getting out!

If I might add a comment, it looks to me like your white balance is on, but your exposure is OFF by almost a full stop. I suggest that you check your histogram and if the graph stopes shy of the right side of the graph, you may need to +.3, or +7 compensation. Make sure if you do this that your shooting in P mode, or A, or S. and that your matrix metering. You may have you meter set wrong as it is.

Nikons are notorious for slight under exposure, which if not bad as long as you know it first. Also slight under exposure will detail a little more data in the shadows.

Thanks for the comments. Comments are always welcome.
T,
I took time bracketing the white balance after your note last week (and alot of terrible pics last weekend). I took these pretty early yesterday and I was on the dark side of the hill. Also these pics were taken on full manual mode because I couldn't get camera to cooperate with my el-cheapo 2x converter at all. Man, it was aggravating! I have some that were exposed better but the focus wasn't nearly as sharp so they didn't make the second cut pile.
I'll check the histograms and metering when I get home today.
thanks,
ds

Understood. that's even a better job considering the 2x etc.

Next time check the histogram upon taking the shot - in the field, that way you know the exposure and then make the necessary adjustments.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom