A-zone Bow anyone going?

Yeah I went out Sat until about noon. I saw one forkie on the ranch below me and that was it for horns. All the other deer were holding real tight due to the huge full moon we have been having this week.
On the other hand though I was able to get a stalk in on a hog until the cattle spoiled that action.

Hanging up my bow until later this week.

Ya I saw a big fork and couldn't get on him. We killed one hog and two pigs though. Going back on thursday.

Hey Blueoak,

Way to go on the hogs and thanks for the info on the BLM side of things may have a look in there later in August. Good luck with the bow, you hunt any other zones in Calif and if you need some info on some of the D zones I might be able to point ya somewhere.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

We went to our deer ranch in Navarro and the dreaded miss happened. My hunting buddy missed a moster four pointer at forty yards. Then to top it off he had a three pointer 30 yards in front of his ground blind and froze, no shot. I gave myself a headache looking through the bino just waiting to see the arrow go through the deer, but he just ran away. We saw at least four shooter bucks and alot of smaller bucks, so all in all a good weekend for us. Hopefully next weekend we can draw some blood. Hope every one else had fun. It is more the campfire talks and memories to me than playing indian. I can't wait for rifle season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom