ADIN COYOTE CONTEST

bukslayer

Heading up to the coyote contest next week in Adin, anybody got any good spots to kill some coyotes up in northern California or north west Nevada. Any help would be awesome. Hoping to see a few of you guys up there too!

I always see them next to the highway up near Tule Lake. I would imagine they are thick through there.

It's always an adventure!!!

I'm just North of there right now. I will be driving back through there on Wednesday. I will keep my eyes open. There is quite a few around Alturas, or so I've been told. It always looks like coyote country. Good luck. I love the Adin area. Bisquits and gravy are to die for there at the little country store.

Quite a few coyotes at times up in the devils garden country north of Alturas.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

I stopped in the Adin general store yesterday to grab an energy drink and talked with the owner. He was gearing up for the big contest this weekend. He told me that last year they had 111 teams and he is expecting more this year. Now that's a big hunt. He also says that the teams get $10 a coyote that they bring in so most get back their entry fees. Pretty good setup they have there.

I also spotted 6 dogs between Tule Lake and Adin. Just about greased one with the rental car. Have fun boys. I am considering a trip up next year to join ya'll

Holy Cow Jim!
I was in there yesterday a well.

I hunted yotes the last couple days on a couple ranches just west of Alturas.

It was an exceptionally frustrating trip.
Saw 11 & killed zero.

We'd locate them a half mile away on the big flat alfalfa fields, but local folk have been puttin a pounding on them.
Call shy and VERY spooky.

My buddy drew blood on a long shot, but we lost it in the high grass.

All in all the toughest trip I've had up there.

Can't make the contest this year.

Make a rabbit drive right thru the Adin Wildlife refuge and you'd flush a pile of them outta there since they are protected in there...if that ain't stupid...I'd go back and join the hunt if Californica wouldn't charge for a non-resident hunting licence...but then again I could say I killed them all in Nevada...then again they'd pinch me for transporting animals across the state-line right???

I picked up a ranch yesterday and left the house at 2:30 this morning to come look it over. I am ready. Look for a silver chevy 4 door with a ranchhand on the front. Man HH I was hoping to meet you up here. See some of you there.

Just got up to adin glad to see there is bout 12 wardens up here protecting that wolf and I was able to recieve my wolf information packet... What a joke.

Yeah I left my wolf packet on the table. We are hunting up here by Tulelake. I am going to PM you my cell. Good luck!

I'd love to participate in that hunt next year. My step-father's brother owns a huge ranch right at Adin, so having a good place to hunt, and a place to stay, will not be a problem. Is there a website where I can find information about this hunt?

Adin Supply. You'll see a link on their website. It's a lot of fun. I've entered the contest 5 out of 6 years including this year. Won it once and placed second two other years. However, they only give prizes to first place so second place is the first LOSER!

It was a good turnout this year. They had a total of 124 teams but only had 65 coyotes turned in. I know there were a few more killed that weren't turned in. The winning team this year hammered them. They killed 12 coyotes in a day and a half. Congrats to the winners.

Damn I had no idea that they had a coyote contest in Adin, CA. I live in Klamath Falls, Or (about 25 miles from Tulelake CA). I have a good friend that owns several thousand acres between Tulelake and Adin. I'll keep this in mind for next year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom