Advice???

3tags2010

Hello All,
I'm looking for a little advice on how to get quality pictures through my spotting scope. I very new to this and seem to be having a hard time getting the whole field of view in my camera at the same time. The focus seems to be good, its just that I get half the circle and it's touchy.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

3tags

You need to play with the zoom ( alittle more or a little less)on the camera and on the spotting scope to get rid of the black circle.
BB

Keep in mind, it will still be very touchy getting a clear, full scope picture, especially freehanding it as you have to be very steady. Also, the small point and shoots probably work the best, but use no more than a 4 power zoom. You might look for camera/scope adapters or make one of your own. Look at the Birding Forum for info on who might make one that fits your specific camera to your specific scopes eyepiece. There are also adapters that allow you to attach your spotting scope to your SLR or DSLR. Do a web search on the model of spotter you have and many manufacturers of optics make their own adapters that fit very nicely to their scopes. They usually cost considerably more than the generic aftermarket ones out there but usually fit and function better so you might consider it worth the extra coins.
BB

keep in mind some cameras just will not work well for doing this. do a google search on "best cameras for digiscoping"
for small point and shoot cams it seems best with one that has a low power zoom, usually 4X or less.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom