all i can say is wtf

A

aepadil

well went on my unit 15 hunt this weekend and heard some bugles sat morning not much after that finally yesterday morning had a bull broadside at 50 yards and missed he wasnt a big one but it was meat im still kicking myself wondering how the hell i missed i couldve thrown a rock and hit him anybody have anything to say to make me feel better because im still in shock but i did see some beutiful country and did manage to see 2 good bucks javalina a nice looking black bear and caught some fish .

Sorry about your miss. We all do. A clean miss is better than a wounded animal. My son has a youth deer hunt in November would appreciate any help.

At least you did not punch yourself in the mouth three times trying to draw your bow and miss two bulls under 50 yds in the process...

it happens. i missed a big barbary ram last year broadside at about 200. still kicking myself in the butt for that one.

Don't beat up yourself up too bad. It happens man. Like what was already said "better to miss than wound an animal".

maybe when a you shot a breeze came up. then after the shot the wind quickly stopped

At least you got to shoot.I had a big buck at 50yrds this year gun in hand,Tag in pocket. and no bullets long story aghh

Well I can't offer any words to help you feel better for missing a chip shot, it happens is all...No PLEASE crazymaez.....share with us the story, I here there was a 180 beauty up on the hill....GUN IN HAND BUCK AT 50....HHHMMM , where was your possibles????

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. We had opportunities to take elk every day but just not the size we were looking for. I ended up taking a meat bull on the 4th night and my buddy decided to eat his tag. What part of the unit were you hunting? we hunted two areas and the southern area had bulls bugling like crazy through the third day but on day three we started seeing cows without bulls and the rut was winding down. we moved north after not seeing any big bulls and still found elk but only one was bugling just before it got light out.

We saw lots of bucks still in velvet too, one was pretty good sized.

one of the bucks i seen was right before the lake and the other was up the road to slaughter mesa it my brother said when they got back from hunting there was 2 bucks bedded next to camp

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom