And yet another break in!!!

NMPaul

Well with the recent spate of break ins, I thought I would share mine. I just finished an archery elk hunt in CO. Long story short I shot a cow right before dark. Tracked her found her around 2 hours later. I really wanted to make sure the meat was good so I broke her down and had her quartered etc. Along with my gear I packed out the back straps, tender loins, neck meat and all loose meat. Around 40 lbs. It was a 2 mile pack out, and I drove 30 miles that night to check into a motel about 1 in the morning. I was worried about my meat in the field, but, have rarely had a problem.
What I did not expect was next morning at the motel I went out to my truck and the pillow case with all the loose meat was gone, and what was there was some gnawed up pieces of meat. Right there at the motel bears got my meat between 2:00 in the morning and 6:00 in the morning.
I want them caught and my meat recovered. LOL, after you pack meat out 2 miles in the middle of the night you really become attached to it. Of course the meat in the field was just fine, and spent the next day packing it out.

54003img2742.jpg

5732img2723.jpg

82328img2646.jpg

Stupid Bears should have asked first. I'm sure you could have spirit a couple pieces scrap meat for them. Man again I'm not so sure Paul maybe they did do the right thing.....?

>Stupid Bears should have asked first.
>I'm sure you could have
>spirit a couple pieces scrap
>meat for them. Man again
>I'm not so sure Paul
>maybe they did do the
>right thing.....?

I would have shared. Just didn't want to share meat I packed out in the middle of the night. Those inner city gangsta bears are the worse.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-17 AT 07:02AM (MST)[p]I'm sure you didn't leave your Bow in the back of your truck like it shows in the pic did you?
And are you for certain it was a bear, my bet is it was probably a few hungry fellas who were hopped up on that dope up there in CO. Lmao

>I'm sure you didn't leave your
>Bow in the back of
>your truck like it shows
>in the pic did you?
>

Actually I did. It was late, and I expected to be up early.

You are nuts to leave your Bow. I would not leave an arrow much less my $1300 bow! Just glad it was still there in the morning.

I had something similar happen to me about 15 years ago, my legs started cramping on me and I couldn't get the last load of meat I had just left sitting on a game trail overnight. Finally went to sleep in my trailer after worrying about the meat. Woke up to the sound of a coyote eating the meat I had in the back of my truck about 2AM, which was luckily parked right outside my window. Only lost about a softball size chunk off the ham. Meat on the game trail was not touched.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom