Another Late Buck

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
Here is a buck I shot on Saturday. 31" including cheaters ;-)

9488384697844741_0_0.jpg

Not a bad body considering he was estimated to be only 4.5yrs old.

5127rear_view_resized.jpg

I shot him on the third day of my two week hunt. A good friend was with me.

3135pb121053_resized.jpg

My friend Roland.

The stalk took about an hour and a half. The shot was longer than most, but a high shoulder hit had a large piece of the bullet travel up the spine almost to the base of his skull for an immediate finish. The pack out was only about a mile with 80lbs of horn, cape, meat, and gear thanks to some help from Roland.

4830384638217093_0_0.jpg

Now I bird and cow elk hunt for a few days, then take my friend Roland and my three sons to N Idaho so they can chase whitetails while I cook!

Brian,
That is a Dandy buck....where up north are you going for Whitetails?
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

Heck of a nice buck.

The whitetails are rutting good right now. Fresh Snow on the ground!

My boys will be excited to hear the whiteys are rutting. We will be hunting between Grangeville and Kooskia. My boys are so busy in sports they miss all the muley fun. That is such a different hunt, my middle son is so excited because I bought him a ladder tree stand, as he missed out on 2 whitetails over 140" last season because the brush is so overgrown in the 1acre stand he likes to sit in.

Thanks for the kudos on my muley guys. My son killed a dandy in this unit in '09 and I told him I wouldn't shoot anything smaller than his this week, but in the end he still has bragging rights in our house. It's just nice to have a buck near as good as the one's they have all shot since we moved here in 04'.

I know many are disappointed in what this state offers compared to the times before 92', but I am grateful for the opportunities I have here.

Good Luck to your boy's on the Whitetail hunt, I hunt East of Grangeville sometimes and it's a hoot. The only problem I see is the dang Wolfes, it might pay to pick up a wolf tag...

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-11 AT 11:48AM (MST)[p]Got em! I am not hunting whitetails, but will have my rifle just in case any wolves or coyotes are around.

Here are by boys and their bucks from the last two years:

My Youngest and his whitetail:
7153alec_whitetail_3.jpg

My oldest and his 09' muley:
2286justin_09_buck_b.jpg

Now you can see why I have to work hard to keep up with them!

great couple bucks! im glad to see what i potentially could have had from that hunt last year haha. oh well better luck next year, oh wait. I start my hunt tomorrow :)

Great buck man!! ya he definitely looks young in the face. Good to see some great genetics coming out of there. Other than yours and your sons bucks, the gene pool has been a little off its historic quality. Congrats

>Nice buck BPKhunter! The others
>you posted are great as
>well! Congrats!

See how its done smitty. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom