Antelope draw

PaleHorse

I just checked my points on the g&f website. A little disclaimer pops up that says that no record is found. I believe they are doing the draw right now.

Fingers crossed, does that mean I drew? I have 6 NR points for a very hard to draw unit. The person I put in with has 3. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Does Wyoming do a point average between us? Or did they draw me first cause of the points. I figured we would have 4.5 points between the two of us.....

It would be WAY early for them to be doing the draw. They wait until after the withdrawal date passes before they post your application. I beleive the withdrawal date is June 3 but I'm not positive. Yes, if you and your pard had 6 and 3 respectivly then you'd have 4.5 each if you applied together. You'd be drawn at the same time. GOOD LUCK

I think June 3rd is the day results are made available. I withdrew my application last year on May 20th because I drew a limited entry archery elk tag in Utah. So you may be right about the withdraw thing but I would imagine it is sooner than the 3rd. But I could be completely wrong!

The withdrawal date is the 3rd - just checked. So thats why your application isn't showing. The draw will be the last week of June.

Damn the luck! I am getting antsy that is my only real hope this year for a decent tag! I am not even eligible for a general season deer tag in Utah! It will be over the counter elk for me and that is a little disappointing!

I heard that the south west portion of the state has had huge tag cuts this year, is that true? I wish I could have ponied up the coin for the special!

I knew I wore glasses for a reason! I just need to use them right! I went back on the g&f site and looked too! I am an idiot! I was confusing the draw date with the withdraw date! It would help if I read the columns right. Boy talk about jumping the gun!

WYOMING ANTELOPE, DEER DRAWING IS JUNE 30TH....but could be early just have to wait and see.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

PaleHorse,

I'm still wondering why (with max points) you would apply in a party application with someone that doesn't also have max points.

If the area you applied for has tough draw odds (one that requires max points), you essentially took yourself out of the preference draw, and placed yourself into the random draw.

If you applied in an area that only requires 4 points for 100% draw odds, then you're good to go.

I put in with my brother. We rarely get to hunt with each other so I thought it would be nice to hunt with him. So I let him piggy back on my points. Yes it does take close to max to draw. 4.5 points is no shoe in by all means. He drew the unit in 2008 and I was with him when he killed a great buck! That year I only bought a point.

Here is a pic of my brothers 2008 buck

8130dirk.jpg

Those gotta be close to 8" cutters?? WoWzer!! What did that guy tape out at?? Great lope regardless!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON May-18-12 AT 06:24AM (MST)[p]Joey,
Yeah the prong is right there around 8" too bad the other side is broke! This is an archery buck. He had passed this buck several times before but this old boy tempted him one to many times!

Here is a pic of the broken side. Even broken this buck grosses over 80". Each horn is over 16" long he is a really deceiving buck. I hate to play the what if game......

221dirk2.jpg

My brother mounted this buck and his wifes 79" buck she killed in the same area on a double pedestal. He choose not to repair the buck.

PH, Thanks for the nice reply, very decent of you! I believe that i would have taken that guy as well, even knowing that he was broke. I'm fairly new to the antelope game, compared to deer hunting, but don't recall ever seeing, here or otherwise, a lope with 8" cutters. Very unique, Congrats to your bro, hope you guys get your draws!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom