Antelope Hunt Info

MIJOBCFD

Well after 15 years I finally was lucky enough to draw a MB antelope tag. This will be my first time hunting antelope. I'm really excited to have finally drawn a tag. I drew a Ranch only tag on the Malkerson Ranch. The ranch is just west of Carrizzozo. I'm fimiliar with the area but not the ranch. My question is, has anyone ever hunted that ranch before for Antelope? And if so how was your experience? I'm trying to get as mush info as possible on what to expect. I have hunted the surrounding areas before and have seen some nice ones roaming around. So i know that they're there. Thanks for your time.

I've hunted it before and several of the ranches around it. The last couple years on that ranch have been tougher than most. The rain has seemingly hit the ranches farther north and a lot of the antelope moved with it. It was either last year or the year before when we ran into the rancher driving around on our ranch to the north during the hunt. He wasn't hunting, but rather just looking for all the antelope that were missing from his ranch. He was right, they were all on ours. Mostly just depends on the rain as to where most of the antelope end up. There are usually some B&C heads on Malkerson's when they hold their usual number of bucks. Good luck.

Here's a photo of a giant buck that was on Malkerson's in 2008.

690276_orig.jpg

www.PronghornGuideService.com

Boy that is a pretty picture Eli. It damn sure doesn't look like that now.

That buck get's me going:)

No help on the ranch... sorry... but if we are talking about pics to "get you going" here is a few! I am not lucky enough to hunt the unit where I took these pics, BUT I am luck to have a ML tag in 50-52 in August!

i hunted that ranch and seen a total of 5 antelope it was not a good hunt.hope its better than that now and it was 3 years ago

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom