Antelope Island/Mossback Hunt

My buddy and I have vowed if we ever win big in the Lotto, we will head down south and buy one of those auction tags you guys have for top dollar and then whack the first spike we encountered. We then would come back up here and hunt our asses off for 3 months straight (with no work getting in the way) and whack a couple giants with our general season over the counter tags, all do-it-yourself of course. ;)

"Kurt Darner is an even bigger fraud than his student."

Where to start? First of all, the teacher being "better" or "bigger" then the student is usually the case: way to point out the obvious. Oh, and you left the left field door open when you came in.

BCBOY.... Your a hillbilly, but try to not let it go to your head, you don't want to inadvertently start lording it over the lesser man.

Son

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-11 AT 06:30AM (MST)[p]I would really enjoy hunting with Mossback and having --NUNYA as my guide.....more so on a Desert Ram hunt if I can every finally draw my last OIL tag!

Toss in 'freebie' and it would be so unreal.

Robb

>HELLO??????
>
>A few facts:
>
>1. The island turned a
>profit this year WITHOUT THE
>HUNT. The hunt did
>not "save" the island.
>
>2. Doyle did not, or
>had very little to do
>with this hunt. This
>baby was DON PEAYS little
>present to his big donors
>and was a show of
>power by SFW in the
>state legislature.
>
>3. This hunt WAS NOT
>DREAMNT UP BY THE PARK.
> The major push for
>it came about a few
>years back when Karl Malone
>offered 100k to hunt it.
> That was the spark
>for the abortion.
>
>4. These deer are TAME.
> Notice very little attention
>being paid to the sheep
>hunt out there? Notice
>how every "tom, #####, and
>harry" doesn't have pics of
>the sheep out there?
>Its because the sheep don't
>stand off the side of
>the road every night of
>the year.
>
>Again, if you haven't been on
>the island, you have no
>clue what you are talking
>about. These are tame
>deer, on a water locked,
>tiny island that until last
>month had no clue that
>anything bad happened when people
>were around. They had
>never heard gunshots, never seen
>hunter orange, never feared anything
>other than mosquitoes. This
>isn't about Doyle. Its
>isn't about legality. Its solely
>about what HUNTING IS.
>If hunting tame deer, on
>a tiny island, during the
>rut, with the state park
>controlling outside pressure, 4 days
>before a public draw hunter
>is hunting, then we ALREADY
>LOST OUR HERITAGE!! If
>this is hunting to you,
>go back to planting your
>"feed plots", breeding for maximum
>genetics, farming for deer.
>
>
>When they came for the road
>hunters I was not one
>so I said nothing.
>When they came for the
>oppurtunists I was not one
>so I said nothing.
>When they came for the
>public land hunters I was
>not one so I said
>nothing. When they came
>for me there was no
>one left to say anything!
>

apparently YOU have nevr been out to this "tiny" "waterlocked" island...

wildlife.utah.gov says
Antelope Island 27,871 acres thats 42 sq miles (I mean little miles)

2276islandpic4tard.jpg

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

Doyle (Mossback) did help the draw hunter(SHOOTER) on AI. Doyle was out there glassing his butt off and communicating via radios with spotters on the high ridge. (I'm not sure if the spotters were part of Team Mossback or not) It took most of the day, but the big buck was obviously found and Doyle and the hunter(SHOOTER), with the help of the spotters, moved in and got it done. The hunter(SHOOTER) and his family were incredibly happy for the help that Mossback provided. The hunter(SHOOTER) killed what is most likely the biggest deer he has ever killed and maybe the biggest he will ever kill.

If it happened the way Founder described it doesn't sound much like "hunting" to me.

"glassing his butt off"... :D :D

Is sitting behind a pair of binoculars and a spotting scope really that hard...??

There's not a hill on the island that is difficult to hike up, especially where this buck was recreating...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Son,
When it comes to hunting up here, the lesser man is actually the rich man. I can hunt Stones every year with over the counter tags and the Rich Yank has to pay how freakin' much to hunt one? :)

I have one question, if he could only take four people but they allowed Doyle to go above his four. Would they allow every hunter to take five people as long as one is filming the hunt? Was this allowed just because it was Doyle Moss?

BCBOY,
Broseph, have I been gone that long? Lol. When I called you a hillbilly I meant it as a compliment, and to not let the fact that you're one go to you're head. The lesser man that I'm talking about is the same rich man you talk about. They can't help but be jealous of our hillbilly ways!

Son

And Doyle is the only one with the ego? LOL
Just read some of the bragadocious posts on this thread.
Zeke

All of us have heard the "Horror" stories of Team Mossback. My one thought, and it's only "two cents" worth is this... Awful nice of him to do this for the hunter. And not one person on here would turn down the chance to have a guide, especially the caliber of Doyle assist us in getting a huge buck, bull, or trophy of any type.

Compliments to Team Mossback for helping this guy out. Kudos!! The only other thing? Well, can we blame a guy for making a successful living at something we all are passionate about and share a love for. Heavens no....

Here's the real question;

If Doyle called you up personally and said "I want you to come be a part of team mossback and one of our guides...."

Would you? :)

Mike

I'm too old and broken down to answer a question like that now but there was a time when i'd have been the man for the job and jumped at the opportunity.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The best companies try and hire the best guys to work for them is the way I look at it. I'm sure the guides whom he hires are top-notch guys period.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom