Antelope Ranches, Walken J Cattle and #19760 TO

WapitiDave

My kids and wife were lucky to draw Antelope tags. Unfortunately they both drew the same dates. I checked on the licenses and the kids are on Ranch # 19760 TO Ranch and the wife drew Walken J Cattle ranch. Does anybody know anything about these ranches or where they might be located. Thanks for any hep.

WD

TO is one of the best ranches in NM for goats in that area!! I had a client draw the Walken J a few years ago.... was the only antelope hunter I have ever guided where we did NOT kill a goat. We saw 2 bucks in 3 days.......... was rough but it could have just beem the year??

Chris Guikema
www.compasswestoutfitters.com

Chris,

Thank you for the reply. Probably work on getting the kids their goats and then heading to the Walken J for the wifes tag. Do you recall how far these ranches are from each other? Thanks again for the help.

WD

I had a similar pleasant problem last year..my daughter drew Chavez Mtn Corp. and gf drew Kennedy2 for the same weekend ...luckily as luck would have it they bordered each other and each lady was able to take bucks the first morning...hopefully they are close to each other...is there someone that can take your wife while you help the kids?

My dad might have to take the wife while I'm out with the kids. We're hoping ranches are fairley close to each other. Probably have to wait until we get ranch contacts in order to find out exact locations. I can definitely think of worse problems.

WD

My daughter drew the Chavez Mountain Corp youth ES hunt Aug 29th. How is that hunt? Where is the ranch located? How would you rate it? I've been putting in for Antelope since last century and she drew antelope before me.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-15 AT 07:45PM (MST)[p]I hunted Walkin J ranch last year and it was terrible! Saw 1 very small buck and 3 does the entire hunt. The only buck we saw taken on the southend of ranch and was at the 1st hour of the hunt. It's a huge ranch and a lot of hunters assigned to that ranch (not sure why) but if you want an opportunity to harvest a buck I'd say hunt that one first for 1/2 day and split to the other ranch. The ranch is 15 miles south of Clayton. Good luck.

Elkaholic400,

Thank you for the response. The responses for that ranch have not been to positive. We'll decide how were going to work it as the hunts get closer. We were hoping on getting the kids tags filled and then heading over to her ranch. Might have to rethink it. Thanks again to everyone for the info. Good luck on your hunts.

WD

Anybody ever hunt the biffle ranch in unit 58?It looks like the ranch is only 3k acres with one public hunter and one landowner tag.

Jess...the Chavez Mtn Corp is about 25 miles sw of Clayton...the rancher allowed the hunters to stay on a small strip of land on their property which is nice...my daughters hunt didn't last very long, about 2 hours...she came down with a cold the day before so we took the first buck we could get a shot at...shoot me a pm...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom