Antelope unit 33 Early

Hunterturbo

I got lucky this year and pulled this tag. I was wondering if anyone has any info on the area. Camping, Water, closest fuel area available and how much area is walk in only? Not forgetting and hoping someone has hunted this unit in the past and would like to share how their hunt was. Does anyone have any solid info on the horse roundup? I have heard many different scenarios. Been in the Denio and Orvada area for chukars but that's as close as I have been to the unit. Thanks in advance with any info and help. PM me if its better for you.
Thanks,
Hunterturbo

PM me as I can help. A few guys here hunted this unit last year and will probably give you a little nudge in the right direction. I'll have to grab my maps to jog my memory on some areas to try. They will be near water sources but there are some remote water sources out there that see a little less pressure than others.

There are a few designated camp spots with restrooms and you can get water at the hot springs at the entrance to the sheldon. I camped out and had a good time.

Bring gas and tires - you'll need them b/c it's a looonnnng way to find fuel if you run out. Last year Denio didn't have fuel so I had to drive over to the CA side to fill my gas cans. Can't remember how far it was, but it was at least 45-50 miles on mostly gravel roads.

I would like to thank all that helped out with any info you gave me. Had a great hunt. Met some great guys from Reno area. Found a great buck, stalked him and killed him. Hunt was fantastic, but needed to have more rain to make the antelope more spread out.

Thanks again,
Hunterturbo

2909withoutpictures.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

1482img_0323.jpg

6133img_0170.jpg

So,
Thanks again for the help!
Much appreciated. Would love to help anyone else out there if the tag gods draw their name!!!

Hunterturbo

Congrats on that great Buck and very good shots with the camera too. You going with a wall mount or Pedestal mount?

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Hunterturbo,

Did you ever see Pringles again? (I'm guessing this buck is not Pringles.) Do you know if anyone shot him?

Prong,
No, I have never seen Pringles again. I tried to find him, told my buddy where to find him, they couldn't get him either. They seen him also but from a long ways out. I took a different buck while hunting Pringles that was a book buck also. Super heavy with an awesome heart shape, great prongs and my wife and kids said get that one dad! So I did. Romeo, for the heart breaker buck as my wife called him was 83 5/8, so I cant complain. This is a great buck, 16.5 and 15 7/8 tall with good mass and great prongs. My buddy who was with me roughed him at 83.5.
Thanks all for the kind words,

Also, Pringles would have ate this bucks lunch!!!

Hunterturbo

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom