Antelope unit 59 or 93?

copple2

Howdy guys,

Just hoping to get some opinions on these two units for speedgoats. I have 5 NR points, and it looks like I can draw either unit this year in the regular draw for the rifle hunt. I would only be a few hours from either unit, so I'd be able to scout some. Any thoughts on trophy quality, ease of public access and # of animals? I've spent a tiny bit of time in both units, but not enough to amount to much. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

copple2

I like 93 better. Easy pubic access, good number of goats. Quality varies. Both units upper 70's would be a good goat. I have heard of some in the 80's come off both units. I wouldn't plan on it. Good luck.

93 is a bigger unit with more goats.Also 93 is a lot more open country.Good goats in both units.I have hunted 93 a few times with good success.Never hunted 59,but have seen some fine critters from that unit.Basically flip a coin.

Both units are good. Like nontypical said, just flip a coin. I have hunted both units and have taken two boone and crocket bucks out of area 59 but that was a few years ago. One thing to keep in mind is that the wyoming game and fish are considering lowering the available tags in both units this year so do some homework as far as draw odds are considered.

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback! What about 89? It looks like it's got a lot of public as well, and I should be able to draw, even with reduced tags. Any thoughts on quality of goats in 89?

Thanks again!

copple2

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom