ANY IDEAS HOW???

Cookie2

Very Active Member
No emails for cookie2 this year. Just checked my online account.... WTF???? INELIGIBLE??? Someone help me to figure out how they can hold onto $500 of my hard earned dollars for two plus months and then at the last minute say INELLIGIBLE??? I'm not on any kind of list whatsoever and I know there's absolutely NOTHING I can do about it but some poor bastard is gonna get an absolute earful tomorrow morning! And if it's in any way possible to make them pay me interest I'm gonna do it....
Sorry but this has me fuming. Anyone need help finding elk in 34? I'm all in for helping tags get filled since I'm blackballed this year....

keep an eye out for a big bull,
I drew the Muzz hunt...
Been 10 years since I hunted down there...
Maybe the Game and fish computer made a mistake..
Hope you get good news tomorrow!

>No emails for cookie2 this year.
>Just checked my online account....
>WTF???? INELIGIBLE??? Someone help me
>to figure out how they
>can hold onto $500 of
>my hard earned dollars for
>two plus months and then
>at the last minute say
>INELLIGIBLE??? I'm not on any
>kind of list whatsoever and
>I know there's absolutely NOTHING
>I can do about it
>but some poor bastard is
>gonna get an absolute earful
>tomorrow morning! And if it's
>in any way possible to
>make them pay me interest
>I'm gonna do it....
>Sorry but this has me fuming.
>Anyone need help finding elk
>in 34? I'm all in
>for helping tags get filled
>since I'm blackballed this year....
>

Did you put in for the VC lottery? If you drew a VC tag, your NM app would be pulled and would show up as ineligible. Click on the "detail" tab on the results page and it may tell you more. Mine said that I was ineligible because I drew a VC tag. I hope you end up with the same good news.

Sorry about your luck? same thing happened to a friend of my dad?s last year all they did was say sorry and that was about it? this computer program is not all the accurate and they basically say one problem out of over a 141,000 isnt bad I think that is personally BS but hey what can we do? I draw a unit 39 deer tag any pointers for that unit?

No VC apps. Everything was normal until the results were actually posted tonight. That's when EVERY line of my account said the same thing. INELLIGIBLE. It just ain't making any sense at all. I got the shaft this year and thats that. Wife got me that new Z-7 and all that I can do with it is jack rabbits and styrofoam!!! This sucks.....
I'm gonna call G&F tomorrow morning and I'll let ya'll know what kind of excuse I get.... Hopefully at least I can help others from the same misfortune in the future although there were no indications that this was coming....

cookie, did you make hard copy's of your applications(paper/online)), if you did, take them in to G&F office and ask to see why you did not draw.

If it is an error on the part of G&F and no error on your part, you may be able to make a valid claim to receiving a tag or tags, but you must have copy's of your apps(paper/online) for verification that they are/were indeed filled out correctly.

Only the director can help with the issuance of tags after the draw.

hope this helps,nmbighorn

cookie - Did you not fill out a hunter report card last year? I think you become ineligible if you don't fill out a report. Let us know what you find out.

I think it gives direction at the bottom of the page. It could be that you drew and just need to give them a little more info or correct something. good luck let us know what happens

Sorry to hear the bad news for you. HOpe all works out this morning. My cousin drew his first ever tag this year. He drew the youth only ES hunt in 34. He lives there in Alamogordo and could use some pointers where to start looking. They were going to start scouting in Aug if the forest opens back up maybe a little sooner. Thanks

Maybe it the harvest report deal, That could sideline you in a hurry. Looks like you will be looking for a LO Voucher.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Waiting on call back from supervisor. It says harvest report not filled out when I review my choices, but I ALWAYS check to see if any I need to fill out before I apply. Just to be sure I tried again last night and it said NO report to fill out so what's up with that?? I will definitely let ya'll know how it all winds up. Pretty sure I'm gonna get a "so sorry, but there's really nothing we can do" from them....
I sure wish I was heading after those crazy rock goats this year but I guess it just ain't meant to be. Maybe it's time to start saving so I can go over to Africa with Stinky and show him how to shoot!???

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-11 AT 12:01PM (MST)[p]My suggestion to everybody reading this thread is get one of the free .pdf "printer apps" and print all your apps, required reports, and point status pages, etc, then save them on a PC that you back up.
I use PrimoPDF but there are others out there. These apps work just like a printer but it saves the "print" as pdf document.

In addition, check the email that's on file. That's where they send all the confirmation docs. Get an HTML email account (Hotmail, Gmail, etc) if you switch pop3 emails a lot.

When chit goes sideways nobody in these departments will help you and with the number of people applying and the costs involved over time you really need as much ammo as you can get.

I have heard of the Hunter Survey reporting going south on people before but without documentation, you're pretty much screwed.

Here's the real bich: "Incomplete reports will result in the rejection of all applications you submit for any entry hunt, including conversion of a private land authorization, for the 2010-2011 hunting season." At least they let you go back and submit the report for $8.

OK folks, here's the deal. It was a furbearers report. Doesn't show up anywhere except on someones computer in Santa Fe. Just got off the phone with the licensing supervisor and she was no help whatsoever. She has obviously had a very bad day dealing with all the whining crybabies who didnt draw and was in no mood to even listen to what I had to say. She was even argumentative to the point that I gave up and told her thank you, have a good day and hung up.
She argued that it is my responsibility to know what report is due and on that she was right. I told her that much. She argued over and over that a harvest report will NOT prevent you from applying and on that I know she is full of herself. Have been on the receiving end of that one and know better. I will not be donating any more funds to the game and fish for furbearers as they obviously have a flaw in their system that they are not willing to admit at the present time and if it's gonna cost me like this in the future I say screw the furbearer license. I didn't even hunt fur last year but I always buy the license anyways. I'm with Bob on this one. Print it out and save everything! Even then you'll get the same run around but at least you'll know you got screwed for sure instead of having doubts....lol..
But like I said, I got a sorry but thats how it is and thats all.. I am very dissatisfied with the response I got from her and this just might not be over yet. Thanks for your help Rhonda, you were a real pleasure to talk to......NOT!!!

Thanks Curtis,

Planning on getting a fur tag this year in case we put one in a tree. So will make sure I send in the report next year.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

Curtis,
You are right that today was probably not the best day to try to get this straightened out. Rhonda (whom I have never met face to face) has always been a great help with a great attitude (for a state employee), but today was probably not her best day of the year. Give it a week or two and contact them again.

DC

I'm done with the furbearer license. The reporting is a joke and hard to get done. You'd think they would set it up just like everything else but that would make sense and nothing in New Mexico goverment makes any sense. I hope that anyone who does the furbearer thing gets it right because this one bit me square in the ass and left a bitter taste to boot!
And to think! I just buy it on the chance that a bobcat comes to my dying Jackrabbit calls even though they rarely do. It's been nothing more than a donation to the game and fish for years but that's all over now.....

I hate to add fuel to the fire, but I hunted NM for the first time last year and it said to make sure and fill out your report of harvest for any license you held right on their website. They had an easy setup to do it, which I did when I got back, even though I didn't fill my tag and really have no plans of applying again after they passed this new BS restricting nonresidents even more and requiring a license purchase to apply for tags. My point, just like Rhonda evidently told you and you agreed with, is that it's each person's responsibility to do things correctly, so I really don't see why you are raising all this fuss when you are the one that screwed up. I feel for you to a point, but more for Rhonda having to listen to a multitude of complaints, most of which are probably not caused by the F&G, but rather by ones like you that made the booboo yourself!!!

I also got the red INELIGIBLE box, but only for bighorn sheep. I have never drawn a BHS tag, so they must have screwed up as there is no other reason I would be ineligible for that hunt. Looks like I need to give Rhonda a call.

What is her phone #?

I feel your pain!!!!! Same thing happen to me!! all 7 apps.
Called Game and fish and said not trapper report on file!
I swear I logged on and did it, but none on file and I did not write down my confirmation number. I think its a crap deal they only give you a few weeks after the end of the trappers season to report it! You would think that the 2010- 2011 trappers report would effect your 2012 applications. It only makes sense you would have months to report and pay a late fee and be good. SUCKS FOR US!!! I hate it that there was no reminder of any kind on the website only draw hunts pending and paid!

Ah Ronda...yEAH she was successful in running off the very best customer service licensing clerk Daniel....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom