Any lucky sheep tag holders for Oregon?

Redside

Just looked at the results on the web, and was a little disappointed on the draw once again. Missed on bighorn sheep, goat,antelope, antlerless deer, and my first choice Juniper muzz buck hunt, I now have 10 points for next season. I did draw a West Biggs buck tag and Maury unit first season elk tag, which I am stoked about. Should be a fun season. Did anyone break the ice and score on a sheep, goat, or antelope tag for Oregon? Hope everyone has a exciting season and shoots the big one. Take care.

Have not heard of anyone drawing a antelope tag. My son is in an electricians apprenticeship program and one of the other students came up to him today and asked him if he drew any tags. The other student told my son that it was the first year he applied and drew a sheep tag and asked my son if it was a good tag to have. He went on to say that he has never hunted and only put in because his dad told him to. He told my son that he was not sure he would have time to hunt sheep, he really wanted a deer tag. Go figure, I would give my left xxx for a sheep tag here in Oregon, but again as always, unsuccesful.

Rich

I live in WA, and work in OR, and bought bonus points for deer, elk, antelope, and applied for sheep, but of course I didn't draw. None of my OR coworkers drew a sheep tag, but a buddy of mine drew deer, elk, and antelope for Murderers Creek, and his son drew deer and elk for same. Scott/couesbitten

YES!I drew the only nonresident california bighorn tag for the poker jim unit.I wish I had this luck for a desert bighorn tag so I could complete my grand slam as I have been applying in 6 states for 10 years but I'm not complaining because I don't have a california and that's why I didn't put in for the rocky in oregon. thanks, heath

Congrats sledrider. I need a Dall and Rocky Mountain/ California to complete my slam. Should be a great hunt. I beleive they have taken 175 - 180 class rams out of that unit in the past.

Nope they have not taken a 175-180 Ram out of that unit Ever. Heath will be looking for a solid 160's class ram as that is about the class of the mountain. Heath heading over to the mountain this weekend to look around will send you a message when I get back. Me and my buddy are gonna go ride the ridge and look around and see what is up there.

Take care guys and good luck heath let me know what you think.

Talk to you soon

Dave

HighDesert,sounds like you live close by. can't wait to hear back on what you see in the way of rams up there.I live in colorado and its hard to find time to get over there & scout.
thanks,heath

Highdesert, I was mistaken. I thought the Eastman's sheep issue had a 180 ram from that unit. Good luck again sledriders. Great tag to have.

RamHunter71, The sheep you saw in the Eastman's Journal was out of the John Day River unit, which has been producing high many high 170 and 180 rams in the last few years. If the right person draws the tag the next state record will come off the John Day. It has been rumored that one of the landowners on the East John Day has a ram on his land that could possibly be a true 190 ram, what a monster! Anyway, the Deschutes is another area that will be like the John Day in a few years, the potential is there if 90% of the hunters would scout a little and not shoot the first ram they see. Big rams are there just need to look longer than the first weekend of the hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom