ANY SCREAMERS OUT THERE?

Nimrod

Are the bulls making any noise yet? There hasn't been many posts on here for AZ bulls. With the archery season almost over I figured there would be more pics and stories up. Is the rut just dead this year? We're heading out for the early rifle hunt tomorrow and I'm not sure what to expect. As of last weekend the bugles were only early morning and few and far between. Any archery hunters out there that can tell me what's up?

I had a unit 8 tag this year. Tagged out Saturday. I will post the story and video in the next couple of days. As far as the rut goes, it was a quiet one. At least where I was hunting. Out of the 10 days I hunted I only heard them 4 mornings. I did hear a lot of kills were from sitting tanks. I also talked with other hunters and they said they weren't hearing much. However I had a friend up in 10 and he said they were screaming there a$$es off. But what can you do, just work with what you got. Anyone else run into a slow rut this year?

I was helping out the new father in law in 6 last weekend. When I arrived at camp they said the bulls werent making any noise at all. It rained and got a little colder on Friday/Saturday. Saturday night I bugled in a bull, but he wouldnt come closer than 150yrds. He went back and forth staring at the Montana Cow Decoy, but wouldnt commit. On Sunday morning at 8am I had 4 bulls around us, but same result. Seemed to me the rut was just getting started. I would make sure your practicing your bugles and cow calls with that early tag. Does anyone else agree?

I was in the western part of unit 8 (practically on Hwy 89) on opening day of the archery hunt and heard several bugles and saw a real monster with a herd of cows. The bulls were not super hot, but they were bugling.

>I was in the western part
>of unit 8 (practically on
>Hwy 89) on opening day
>of the archery hunt and
>heard several bugles and saw
>a real monster with a
>herd of cows. The bulls
>were not super hot, but
>they were bugling.

I was in #1 lots of bugeling but not coming in. we bugeled and raked two in. will post pics and story when i can find out how to post pictures

>>I was in the western part
>>of unit 8 (practically on
>>Hwy 89) on opening day
>>of the archery hunt and
>>heard several bugles and saw
>>a real monster with a
>>herd of cows. The bulls
>>were not super hot, but
>>they were bugling.
>
>
>I was in #1 lots of
>bugeling but not coming in.
>we bugeled and raked two
>in. will post pics and
>story when i can find
>out how to post pictures
>whoops

logslinger,

If you havent seen the video I made from my hunt check it out...

And thanks for the congrats

I just got back from a week in 5b north. The rut had not really started when we got there. We were seeing groups of 12-15 cows with no bulls except spikes. The last two days the rut seemed to pick up a bit. The best bull we saw during the trip was taken by Lake Mary by a woman driving a minivan. I will try to post a pic I took. It was a fun hunt, but I ended up eating my tag. My friend got frustrated and smacked a spike. There was a ton of people on the unit and it took us a few days to figure out how to deal with the pressure.

I just got back from doing some camping in unit 22 and they were pretty quiet. Heard a few bugles in the late evenings but not much in the morning. We called in one bull just messing around but he came in completely quiet. I am not sure if it is going to get much better for the early rifle guys.

Huntmancam, great video.

i have never expierenced anything like unit 10 this year. freaking wild time, bulls bugling hard til 10 am and then starting right back up well before 3 pm, wild.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom