Any wisdom?

magnum72576

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-17 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-17 AT 10:58?AM (MST)

Wanna burn my 5 deer points this year, didn't get to hunt the last few and now I'm ready to go. I'm trying to decide between Muzzy or early rifle which I would backpack in. Or try 3rd or 4th neither of which I have tried. I've been on three mule deer hunts over the years and have yet to pull the trigger. I did really enjoy a muzzy hunt in 43 but it's so extreme in the area I was it was almost unhuntable. I really like glassing the high country. But I'm sure I'd like some snow in some easier terrain. Considering 44 muzzy, 44 early rifle, 36 3rd, 62 3rd, might try 43 muzzy again in a new part hopefully not as steep. I'm open too ideas.
Thanks tony

I've only archery hunted CO. But my take on it after researching and studying odds, etc. Is 1st rifle has the best success rates across the board period. Muzzy hunts for the same area usually take more points than 1st rifle and have lower success rates. I'm assuming there is just a bigger demand to hunt when they are bugling more and better weather. I have been the same way as in I've only archery hunting simply because I like the bugling/calling aspect. But for strictly killing an elk, I'm saying 1st rifle is y best bet across the board

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom