anyone want to hunt La Sal or San Juan bears over bait with me?

alpinebowman

Looking to finally burn my 12 points on a bear in Utah. I have far more than I need and would be willing to split them with someone who needs a couple more to draw. figured this way we could split some costs and double the possible bait sites to use. getting my bait and crib ideas ready and hope my rookieness doesn't bite me too badly.

Not familiar with the area at all but have been researching the area and looking at maps trying to narrow down some good areas before I give the biologist a call. I want to have some bait areas locked down early to avoid loosing out to others.

Also if you have bait hunted the area and have any tips or just want to relate your experience with me I would like to hear from you as well.

Also interested in getting some boots on the ground in the unit as it is on the list as a next possible LE archery elk tag so La Sal is a little higher on my list.

If you are interested let me know and we can chat.

Cheers,alpinebowman of Dark Archer Customs, Maker of fine strings and bow tuner
>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

The summer baiting season

alpinebowman of Dark Archer Customs, Maker of fine strings and bow tuner

sent you a reply.

the division doesn't allow you to use anyone else bait site, you only get 2 sites and that is it. I know because I was wanting to do the same thing when my wife had a tag, but you cant share sites.

You can share bait sites. But those are the only 2 bait sites you can have. Together.

You are allowed to hunt the bait as long as you're also registered to it.

As far as applying together, did the division change it so you can group apply for bear?

I have 14 points and retired for a year, so this might be a good year for me to cash in as well. Hunted baits in Idaho for 8 years, so have some experience. I will send you a message.

Well I cashed them in on La Sal so if any of you also draw ans are looking for some company let me know. Right now I am flying solo.

Foundation,
I never saw a message from you. If you put in hit me up and we can chat.

>
>I have 14 points and retired
>for a year, so this
>might be a good year
>for me to cash in
>as well. Hunted baits
>in Idaho for 8 years,
>so have some experience.
>I will send you a
>message.