Archery elk 49 or 66

coyoteslayer

My son has 6 points for elk and will be headed to college next year. I would like to take him on a good archery hunt, before he gets to involved in schooling. Looking at the points it takes to draw, he could probably draw either of these hunts. Would any one be willing to give me info on which hunt may be better. He killed a 340 bull last year and I understand we will not be hunting that caliber of bulls. Would be looking for a hunt for a 280-300 inch bull, lots of opportunity and a chance to get somewhat away from people. Would be open to other units as well, but probably want to stick with archery. Thx

Assuming you are residents, he could probably pull a unit 76 tag as well. I would choose that one over either of the others.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-15 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]We are non residents. Thanks for the reply. I have 18 points and don't know what to do with them. I see no reason for him to get in the same boat I am in. He will probably be busy in med school for 10 years or so, so want a fun hunt for him this year.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom