Archery Elk Hunting Book Recommendation

jr8fish

Hey guys, I am new to elk hunting, I have hunted deer all my life but this fall will be my first archery elk hunt. I live in Utah and will just be hunting the general bull elk units/season including the extended archery season.

I am looking for any book recommendations on the subject of archery elk hunting that would be helpful for me learning to hunt elk (I will be predominately hunting the wasatch front).

I recently read the Open Country mule deer book by Dwight Schuh and found it very informative and I was wondering if any of you all have read his work on elk hunting entitled, Bugling for Elk: A Complete Guide to Early-Season Elk Hunting?

Is this book any good? do you have another recommendation?

Thanks Guys!

I got that book in the mid 80's when I started bowhunting elk. I love the way Dwight hunts and how he approaches the sport. It is written for guys that love to hunt. Nothing fancy just good info. I'm sure that he has made updates to it but my copy still holds true for most elk hunting today. He even signed my copy!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-13 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]Do a google search and type Elknut. Best resource on the web IMHO.
He has books, DVDS, everything imaginable on the topic of becoming a successful elk hunter.

Paul Medel (elknut) is a great guy, he will get you what you need.

I highly recommend the Elknut Playbook, either in book or CD format.

Best of Luck,
Jeff
http://www.elkmtngear.com

+1 on elknut. Also check out www.elk101.com
I studied that website like it was finals week leading up to my first ever rut hunt. I seriously felt like I saved 10 years of trial and error by doing so.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he
would have made broccoli more fun to
shoot...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom