AREA 16 Deer

dblkicker

I have had this tag twice and helped my father 4 years ago on a rifle hunt. We have always had great success there. One of my best bucks came on muzz hunt. Absolutely love this part of the state. Looks like my chances are getting pretty good for another tag. This place was the first time i had seen wild horses. Every time i've had the chance to go back, there seem to be more horses. We still found good bucks in spite of the horses. Is the horses population increasing ? Are they affecting deer pop.? Just curious/anxious. Here's a couple area 16 bucks.

2726scan0001.jpg

2374scan0003.jpg

6046scan0008.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-11 AT 11:23PM (MST)[p]Tag, here's a few more i dug up. Monitor Range and Alta Toquima wilderness.

6784scan0002.jpg

8801scanned_image_110920005.jpg

6721scanned_image_110920004.jpg

6343scanned_image_110920002.jpg

7713scanned_image_110920003.jpg

i've spent a lot of time hunting in area 22 and 23, and there are TONS of horses there, and it seems like there are more and more every year... i dont think the deer mind them too much cuz i've seen them feeding together before... but i doubt the elk like them too much during the rut lol... there have been a couple times where i've felt like shooting a couple horses cuz they've screwed me on some stalks...

Hubba, that's what I was hoping to hear. I had no clue to the effects of horses on deer. thanks for learning me your experiences.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom