Arizona 6a......elkless.

nickman

Long Time Member
Well, after 3 days in unit 6a and NOT seeing a shooter bull, it appears we are headed for 2 helpings of tag soup......along with several other hunters we have met.

I would be glad to accept any tips, but since we should have 4 feet of snow where we are camped, I doubt any tips can compensate for bad weather.

We are hunting an area close to Munds Park.....if that helps.

Anyway, thanks for any input.....or not.

Sure is a beautiful place to be, however.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

If I were you I would get as high and away from the roads as possible. They are there, but this full moon and weather is making it real tough.
I have done pretty well around Kachina in the Northwest corner of the unit, not far from where you are. I know there are bulls on those hills right across from kachina, I have seen them many times. Good luck and just keep after it and good things will eventually happen.

THANK YOU GUYS!.....will stay with it.

Have to wait for the motel computer to post back, but I will check out the spots advised.

Having a great time regardless.......

Well, we did not pull the trigger. Just never saw an antlered bull.

I had a great time, saw a lot of new country and would stay a month just to explore around the area.

I want to thank all you guys that provided info......Especially Terry,...AZStickman,...who pointed us to the area that had the most animals we saw. Then checked in on me daily for updates.

Hope to return the favor.

The area I sent you to held bulls...
During my muzzleloader hunt in November we never saw a cow, only bulls...
When I draw G-3 in Ca, I'll want you to send me to the bucks,
Thanks,
Howdy

You got it Howdy. Thanks for the help.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom