arrow selection???

dslaughter

I've been out of bow hunting for a few years and now thanks to bad luck in the draw I'll be archery hunting for elk this fall here in Colorado. My hunting arrows have seen better days so I plan on buying a dozen more soon. Seeing how things change quickly with today's technology I would like recommendations for some the new dozen. I'll be shooting my mathews legacy bow. Its not a speed demon but I'm not changing.
I'm comfortable choosing the spine and I'm not hung up on marketing. Any recommendations on a good brand of arrow would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
ds

Sounds like Good Luck to me whenever you can get out with the bow.....
Eastons have always performed for me, as well as GoldTip. If cost is a concern, you can pick up the GT Expedition Hunters for around $50-$60/doz. depending on if you want to build your own arrows or buy them fletched. If cost is not an issue, Easton Full Metal jackets are a great arrow along with GT Pto Hunters.
Good Luck! Welcome back! And Lose the rifle man! :)

thanks, guys! I'm looking forward to getting back into it. for the last few years I've drawn muzz tags for deer and its just too hard to squeeze in archery elk and muzz deer. I should be able to give it a good 3 weeks (off and on) this fall so I'm pretty excited.

Im a easton FMJ man myself. Best hunting arrow out there in my opinion. But the Carbon Express maxima hunters are also a very good arrow.

I just bought a dozen of the new Easton N-Fused Carbon St Axis 340's and they are fricken sweet! A little bit spendy ($115/dz.) but they are well worth the money IMO. The carbon nanotubes inside the arrow are supposed to be 180x the strength of steel per thickness of the tube. Sweet arrows if you want to spend the money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom