ATV/Side by Side

AfricanAddiction

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-18 AT 05:14PM (MST)[p]Question as it has been a while since I even considered taking an ATV or side by side to WY. Is it still legal? Does it require a stamp or permit? A friend told me he thought they had been banned but was not sure. Any info would be appreciated.

If I took one it would only be for main roads a regular truck can drive on it is just that i prefer to drive it over my truck on an antelope hunt.

I am a non-resident but cannot imagine that would make a difference one way or the other.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-18 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]Depends upon where you will be hunting. In the hunter management areas around Evanston, ATV/UTV's are prohibited. You can't even have them in the back of your truck or on a trailer.

Driving them in a national forest will require a permit sticker. On BLM, for the most part, you're good to ride.

Thank you. My son has a tag in Unit 100 which is Kemmerer to Evanston. Sounds like the side by side stays home.

Any idea why they did this? I am out not the loop in WY.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-18 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]I don't go to Wyoming without my quad. 9-11 miles one way every morning and afternoon to hunt. Check the HMA rules for your hunt area.

I'm also curious about this?
Guess I'll have to do a little research...
But my question would be, does it change anything if it is a street legal sidexside?
Sorry,
Not trying yet highjack the thread...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-18 AT 10:29AM (MST)[p]Possession or use of Off Road Vehicles or commonly called ?ORVs, ATV?s, UTV?s, side by sides,four wheeler, dirt bike, etc?, as defined by Wyoming Statute 31-1-101, is prohibited.

The Bear River Divide HMA which makes up over half of unit 100 prohibits OHVs. This isn't a WY F&G regulation.

BTW, you will need a permission slip to hunt this HMA. Can be obtained online.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom