ATV Snow Plow or Snowblower?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-06 AT 12:22PM (MST)[p]

Small area, I would get a blower.. but, it is a large driveway then an atv is better.. I like the atv plow personally.. but sometimes its overkill.
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

do you already have a quad? if so the plow is a great space saver and no maintnance. Just make sure you have someplace to push the snow, and if you expect a lot this winter you push it off the driveway about 4 feet to make room for more. Just lift the blade a couple inches to protect the lawn.

I love the 60" blade on my Foreman. I clear my driveway and the sidewalks in nothing flat, very fast. I usually hit the sidewalk in front of the neighbor across the street too along with snow in front of the mailbox.

I hook my winch cable onto the blade itself for power up/down. A heck of alot more fun than a snowblower.

PS: Get a 60" blade not a 48... when you turn them diagonal a 48 isnt wide enough.

-DallanC

yea i have the 42" and it is too small but 17 years ago that was about all you could get. The snow comes around the ends on the smaller blade but it is still fun to do compared to using a blower

I have a foreman 450 & a 60 inch plow .. the snow will have to be 8-10 inches b4 it wont push it (in a wet snow) then I will just lift the blade a little & take half & go over it a 2nd time works great.... HIGHLY RECOMEND THE PLOW (but like the previous post said only if youve got a wheeler)

Thanks for all the input! Appreciate it.
I already have a ATV, just need to get a winch and
a 60" blade.
Justifying the costs between the blower and plow,
they seem to be around 500 - 600 bucks. (Winch
and plow vs. snowblower)
What is a good place to buy either?
Thanks again.

>I have a foreman 450 &
>a 60 inch plow ..
> the snow will have
>to be 8-10 inches b4
>it wont push it (in
>a wet snow)
>then I will just lift
>the blade a little &
>take half & go over
>it a 2nd time works
>great....
>HIGHLY RECOMEND THE PLOW
>(but like the previous post
>said only if youve got
>a wheeler)

Ditto... its fairly amazing how much snow you can push with a fairly light atv.

-DallanC

>Thanks for all the input!
>Appreciate it.
>I already have a ATV, just
>need to get a winch
>and
>a 60" blade.
>Justifying the costs between the blower
>and plow,
>they seem to be around 500
>- 600 bucks. (Winch
>
>and plow vs. snowblower)
>What is a good place to
>buy either?
>Thanks again.

I think Harbor Freight has a 1500lb winch for around $50... maybe it was checker auto... I forget. I bought my blade from Cabelas 8 years ago, mail order LOL! they were the cheapest at the time.

-DallanC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom