AZ ELK & ANTELOPE CC HITS

Their concluding statment was "trust me when I say that we would like nothing more to have results out as quickly as possible!

i take that as they are swamped with calls from idiots who want the results information now !

so keep calling /contacting them , they got nothing better to do than tell you AGIN - they are not ready yet!

I like paper only because the up front money gets fewer applications for cousin Billy Bob and aunt Melba to get another shot at a tag... But honestly, I feel the odds of a rejection are more likely with pape. You have no check on filling it out right. You trust the post office to get it there. You trust the envelope does not get lost in the stack. You trust the data entry clerk to process it right... all add up to more likely than the credit card being declined, especially if you have the optrion to change it if something happens... I know of quite a few friends who had paper rejected....

They need to either go back to paper apps only, or charge for the whole amount of the tag like Colorado does. If it cost the entire amount of a tag to even just apply for a bonus point maybe it wouldn't take so many years to draw!

Dont think charging the entire price up front matters one way or the other. But I rather not have to front the money and have to wait several months to get my money back. I think having to buy a hunting license before you can apply deters more people than anything else

>They need to either go back
>to paper apps only, or
>charge for the whole amount
>of the tag like Colorado
>does.

I believe AZ law precludes AZGFD from charging up front.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://www.plateaulightphotography.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

This cycle may never end:) Theoretically; 1000 card rejects = 1000 new card charge attemps for the next in line. Of the 1000 new charge attemps, perhaps 35 rejects = 35 new new card hit attemps. Of the 35 new new charge attempts, perhaps 2 rejects = 2 new new new card hit attemps... No wonder it takes so long.

Simple solution - just charge the whole fee up front! There would have to be a really quirky law that would allow that with a check and paper application, but not with a CC and on-line application.

Bonus deal - it would likely cut way down on "superfluous" applications and increase the draw odds a little.

This waiting is almost worse knowing your family drew tags, but not knowing who, what, where than it would be to just not know at all.

I wonder how many people who used paper will use the on-line system in June so they will know if they have been drawn before results are posted? This delay between CC hits and results posting could encourage that. I wouldn't think they're having problems because they should have gotten them all ironed out last October when they did the spring draw. I think it went off without a hitch.

The spring draw had a hitch. Seems they sent too many tags out to some successful turkey applicants. I know because my father received 2 spring turkey tags. When I called and told them about this they said they were aware of the problem and to just throw the one away with the lighter ink. I believe they said less than 100 hunters were affected.

Not sure if that was a online draw problem or a printer problem. But it was a problem none the less.

As a parent of 4 and someone who buys licenses and tags for a few nieces & nephews (dads are not in the picture). It can be challenging to come up with funds to apply everyone. Over the years I have learned to save a little each month to cover all my expenses so I don't feel the pain so badly come application time. Even though the online system makes it easier for me, I still prefer a paper system only.

Good Luck to everyone.

>I wonder how many people who
>used paper will use the
>on-line system in June so
>they will know if they
>have been drawn before results
>are posted?

Haha. We get to do this again in 3 months! :)

Maybe next week, or the week after. The 20th is two weeks from today so maybe by then.

Just got a hit for $537, I guess I'm going elk hunting.
I wonder what unit got the hit, 1st 2nd or 3rd.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Just got a hit for $537,
>I guess I'm going elk
>hunting.
>I wonder what unit got the
>hit, 1st 2nd or 3rd.
>
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wow!!! Right on Gator!! I doubt you drew whatever your 3rd choice was, so 1st or 2nd it should be!!
I wont know until the results are up. I was one of the MO paper app guys.....

Not to rain on the parade, but you better double check cuz there is no non resident tags for $537. The nr tag is $595 minus the $7.50 app fee when you apply your total should be $587.50. Hope u drew, but double check it!!

Yep 587.50 is what it is.

OK, UPDATE ON DRAW - Many credit card companies thought the way the charge was coded by azgfd that they were "fraud" charges. Therefore they were rejected and the next person in line was drawn... problem here is the person rejected was notified and not too happy... Look for a commission meeting soon to see how azgfd will rectify this situation... Bottom line: Don't get too excited yet, having your credit card charged may be reversed and YES, just one more reason to GET RID OF THE ONLINE DRAW!!!! Don't go out and buy any equipment quite yet!!!

What about all the cards that hit the first 2 days those all went thru. I think peoples cards were declined for insufficient funds so azfg had to keep going until all tags filled. Way too many theories about this.

I do not work for AZGFD or the credit card companies and trust me I hope it is wrong as well because I have an antelope tag. My source is very credible but as we all know until we hear from Game/Fish we never know. We do know game/fish has said there were "more than usual declined cards" well you have to think about it. who cares! Right?? Just move on to the next guy and they wouldn't have skipped a beat. Now it has never happened to me but I was told it was a "CODING" thing when the card was ran that make it look "suspicious" or "fraudulent" and therefore denied. SO imagine if you got a call or found out on your statement or however you the consumer is informed that the $115 antelope tag charge was denied and it wasn't because of insufficient credit??? Think about if for a minute and if this is the truth and you are the commissioner and your tag was already given to me, who gets it??? YOU, ME OR A REDRAW just for me and you or a COMPLETE REDRAW????

I see your rational, but why would there be an issue with coding all of the sudden? They didn't seem to have problems the first couple of days? I believe you have a credible source, but unless they work for azfg and are directly involved with the drawing process which you have not stated then it is here say. I don't think azfg would admit to this anyway. They didn't have problems with the spring draw. Not trying to pick a fight it just seems to many theories going around. My card was hit the first day for elk.

Wow that would suck. But that is a unseen deal, So how do you find out if I you was a drawer that picked up a tag because you was next in line, I think that if you was next in line you would get the next tag after that unless there was dozens of tags in front of you that was declined it would only affect the guys at the end of the draw. FUBAR is what it will be called.

I understand "goinhunt" and nobody wants to think that they are going to lose their tag but I'm sure somewhere in very fine fine print it states that having your credit card charged DOESNT GUARANTEE you are getting a tag..... And of course I'm sure you understand that even if the commissioner himself gave me this info he wouldn't want me to mention his name on this forum.

Here is the fact you can go to bed with tonite. If there is no commission meeting called my source is wrong, if there is a commission meeting called they are probably right and if this is true I'm sure it will go down as one of the biggest flops as far as online apps go in a while. I think if the average hunter understood the statistics in their probability of getting drawn WITH and WITHOUT the online draw MOST would be against it. The thousands and thousands of additional people that put in because its easy and only costs $7.50..... Again, just my opinion and when it took 29 years for me to draw a rifle loper tag (consecutive from 1977 to 2006 we don't need less of a chance...

The obvious question here would be did anyone get a phone call from their Credit Card company about the game and fish charge? When I have a possible fraudulent card charge the Credit Card company calls me immediately to verify the charges.
Steve

I agree 100% there would be far less applicants with the paper apps, and I wish it would have stayed that way. Alot of peolpe wanted it switched over to online process, and they got there wish. I did online this year only so I didn't have to front all the money. Oh well I guess we will all know what happened soon enough. Mark my words if there is a redraw especially for the people who had cards hit the first couple of days fish & game is gonna have alot of pissed off people on their hands!!!

I agree Steve, I have had calls in the past asking about suspicious charges. I would hope this is standard procedure and the only real way for the CC company to know if the cardholder did in indeed make the purchase.

You would think that if the credit card company accepted the first charges for the hunting license from AZ F&G then there would be no problem with the charge for the tag.
I charged 3 NR hunting licences for me and my two children with out a problem when we applied.I also applied for Co, NM, and Utah and there were no problems.

Last year Calif went from paper to online draw. The result was 20% more people applied. I'm sure that it happened in AZ this year with people putting their whole families in including their grand mothers just to get a tag.

Lets go back to the old system that worked.

YES!!! SADDLESORERIDER get it!!! I am amazed at how many people do NOT get it. 20% people!!! Think about it. Here is the problem saddlesore. azgfd doesn't give a hoot about us. Is about the almighty dollar and I suppose in America who can blame them. The additional dollars raised by that extra 20% x $7.50 has to be thousands and thousands.... but, now we have this issue and it will be interesting to see if people hire any lawyers. People keep saying credit card companies try to call if activity is suspicious. That is the case sometimes but not always and what if it is 3am? or what if you do not answer....
The only person that is going to care is the poor soul who had their card charged and thinks they are going to get a tag but will only see a refund because they were "second" in line to a reject due to improper coding or a rejection on the credit card....

Can't wait to see how the commission handles this one...

Honestly though do you really think if azfg coded cards wrong that they are going to admit it. Lets say you were first in line you drew a tag but your card was declined even if it was coded wrong how can it be proven? Also how would you know if you were 1st inline or 3rd inline? I agree 100% alot more peolple applied this year cuz of the online. I would bet there will be a recomendation by people to eliminate the online next year. I'm good with it paper doesn't bother me!!

I applied with my brother-in law. We had basically 100% chance to draw Elk. 14 points and our 2nd choice took 12 last year. His wife got a call from his credit card company making sure that a charge from Arizona fish and Game was OK. She told them it was legit. It has been hard waiting to find out what unit we drew.

Not worried I'm sure I drew a tag. LOL

>>Non-res unit 9 archery no points
>>
>
>
>Are you serious? Did you get
>drawn for the early hunt?
>If so, there have definitly
>been cards charged that did
>not draw as it is
>impossible for a nonres to
>draw early 9 without max
>points. There was not a
>single non-resident drawn for early
>9 bull with less than
>15 points last year. See
>this same thread in the
>Elk forum for more "I
>can't believe I got drawn
>again" folks.

I did in fact get drawn for the early hunt. And no it is NOT impossible for a non-resident to draw a unit 9 tag with no points because I drew it. AZ has a BONUS POINT system NOT a preference point system. Bonus points mean your name just goes in the hat more times for each bonus point you have. A preference point system says you HAVE TO have a certain amount of points to draw a tag. I think you are a little confused on what exactly a bonus point is:) So is it also impossible to draw a bighorn sheep tag with no points? NO IT IS NOT! A young kid I know drew it last year with no points. The odds for that hunt are a lot harder to draw than a unit 9 elk tag.

Non-res unit 9 archery no points
>>
>
>
>Are you serious? Did you get
>drawn for the early hunt?
>If so, there have definitly
>been cards charged that did
>not draw as it is
>impossible for a nonres to
>draw early 9 without max
>points. There was not a
>single non-resident drawn for early
>9 bull with less than
>15 points last year. See
>this same thread in the
>Elk forum for more "I
>can't believe I got drawn
>again" folks.

I did in fact get drawn for the early hunt. And no it is NOT impossible for a non-resident to draw a unit 9 tag with no points because I drew it. AZ has a BONUS POINT system NOT a preference point system. Bonus points mean your name just goes in the hat more times for each bonus point you have. A preference point system says you HAVE TO have a certain amount of points to draw a tag. I think you are a little confused on what exactly a bonus point is So is it also impossible to draw a bighorn sheep tag with no points? NO IT IS NOT! A young kid I know drew it last year with no points. The odds for that hunt are a lot harder to draw than a unit 9 elk tag.

It is possible that even a NR could draw a tag like these guys are saying they did.

I had a NR hunter who applied for a 10 permit ML antelope tag and he got it. Here's is how he did. Under the 20% rule, the guys that got tags 1 and 2 were both AZ residents (20% rule), so when the remaining 8 tags were available in the draw my guy had got an incredibly low number even though he had just the application point and he got tag 10.

So yes, it can happen.

The beauty of a bonus point system vs a preference point system.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

22N late hunt here I come.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom