AZ Lic.

derquhart

AZ is not selling licenses over the internet or phone? So a Non-res has to actually go to AZ to buy one or are there other options?

You can buy the license when you apply for elk or antelope, if you apply for both you have to buy the license or include the fee BOTH TIMES. they will refund the cost of the license for one of them after the draw. so you end up including the cost of the license twice if you apply for elk and antelope.

NO, CALL THEM & REQUEST THE FORM FOR THE LIC./ TAG ...FORM 390 I BELIEVE...FILL IT OUT...SEND IT BACK TO AZ. DEPT. OF GAME & FISH.....YD.

Keep in mind that you very possibly won't have enough time to purchase the license ahead of time and then submit your applications and get them to AZGFD by February 12th.

TRUE,...BUT ON FORM 390 YOU CAN BUY A NR LIC.,& POINT, OR APPLY FOR A TAG ON THE SAME FORM. THATS WHAT I DID.....YD.

Like Yukon said works fine, I did mine the first of the year just for the license and got it back in about a week, but at this late date I dont know ...and it only works that way if you apply for just 1 app, if you apply for Both elk and deer they have to be on seperate applications.

I know there are some sporting goods stores in Utah that sell AZ licenses. I haven't found one in northern utah but i know you can get them at Hurst (aka Ace hardware) in Cedar city and St. george. I don't know where you live but maybe this will help. If you end up just buying the license when you do your apps, you will have to purchase one for each species, then they will refund one of them when things get processed.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-08 AT 10:12AM (MST)[p]derquhart,

Copied below is a message I posted in another thread many days ago. You can get and print the license application to mail in using the first link. BUT...you should do that ONLY IF you are applying for both elk and antelope. Otherwise, for only one species, just use the application itself to buy the license. AND...Be sure to include a check that covers both the tag and the license along with the application.

You can also get the license on the application if applying for BOTH species, but you would have to include the money for it in BOTH apps. The game department will then send only one license and refund the amount for the second after the draw is complete.

If you use the mail-in lic. thingie, you need to act fast in order to get it there and have it returned so you can beat the Feb. 12 deadline for the app itself.

Good luck -TONY

Nonresidents can find all they need to apply for a permit on the AZ G&FD web site. As I had mentioned in another thread a while back, questions here about purchasing a NR license without having to include payment for more than one species prompted me to call AZG&F.

When I explained the problem, they quickly agreed and said they would soon post a NR license application online that could be printed and mailed with payment to obtain a license before applying for one or more permits. That application is now online (see below).

Under that link are three others -- one for the elk/antelope regulations, one for the main regulation booklet and another to download the actual permit application, which basically remains the same from year to year for any limited permit hunts, both spring and fall. -TONY

Nonresident Hunt-Fish License, Regulation Order Form

Nonresidents can download this form to mail order for hunting and fishing licenses, hunting regulations, special use stamps, and nonpermit hunt tags. Residents can use this form too, but may find it easier to obtain these items at Department offices and more than 300 license dealers statewide. Note that this form is not for use in applying for the big game draw. Instead, use the Hunt Permit Tag Application form available for download on the big game draw information web page.

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/documents/2008NonresidentMailoutLetter.pdf

Elk/antelope Regs:

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/regulations/2008/5.pdf

Main Hunting Regs:

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/regulations/07-08/07-08.pdf

Pertmit application:

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/GenericApplicationv2.pdf

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom