AZ Loyalty Point ?, application service screwed up!

flyingbrass

Application service made a huge mistake figuring the amount to submit on our group elk application. They transposed the numbers. Anyway, do I loose loyalty point even though it is already established? I know I loose the bonus point but what about the loyalty? They sure made a fool out of me!

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Made a fool out of you, huh. That was easy to figure out.

I had to use Cabelas Tags for my Colorado sheep application since I am out of work and all my cash is spread across several states' draws.

I feel helpless leaving my points in the hands of someone else. I pray to god they didn't screw it up. They didn't charge me for my prefernce point yet. I hope they do that after I am unsuccessful in the draw or else we got problems.

Everyone should get due process so I won't mention which service it was since they can't defend theirself on here but I'm sure their story would match mine.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

HillbillyNdevada,
I can tell from your post you are a true hunter. I like your style and determination. I wish my friends had your gusto. I'm dead serious.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

What does the app. company have to say about their screw up? That is a huge mistake when it comes to AZ points. I have a question and I am not trying to be a smart azz but why didn't you do the apps. yourself ? AZ is really simple. I know I would be upset for a long time over that one !!

They first got really smart about it then saw it was their mistake. Then they said they were really sorry. Then tried to get out of their owning up to screwing my applications up last year. Trying to change the subject basically. They offered no restitution or anything. I think they should have done something for our group. I own my own business and guarantee you I would have done something if I screwed up. They could have even turned it in to a moneymaker for them by offering a discounted landowner tag. They could have kept a customer and made additional money as well. They offered nothing!!! I learned something from this. Nobody cares about your hunts as much as you do and you can't pay someone to care! You can't pay someone to care!!!
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

I have never felt the need to have a service apply for tags or PPs for me because I only hunt Wyoming and their online application is very easy to use. It would seem that if a reputable service screwed up like that, or like Cabelas did when they missed the date in AZ for hundreds of applications several years ago, that they would do whatever necessary to rectify the situation. However, I guess what we are talking about would be just about impossible to rectify because the way things are going if you miss one PP, bonus or loyalty point nowadays in some states it just about completely puts a person out of the running for certain tags for many years, if not forever in some units. I think I will continue to do all my own after seeing the Cabelas screwup, which was unreal in the number of people it affected, and reading about other service screwups. Sorry to hear about your problem and hoping that you can get back on track and be able to do your planned hunt within a reasonable amount of time!

Hope you were not in the max point pool. As said before that could be a huge deal!It sounds like you were not so that it is unfortunate but not crucial. I think they do owe you more than an apology though. I do my own and got my Az.strip tag a couple of years ago and hope to get my Henries tag in the next few years which non-res cannot do this without max points. Good luck next year maybe the draw gods will smile on you.

that would really suck looseing the points. i dont trust anyone to do my apps, i dont even trust myself either, ha ha .

Offering the group LO tags at cost would have been a lot better than a bunch of people telling every internet board around not to become a foolish statistic when it comes to tag applications.

They advertise alot and they really push their APPLY - APPLY - APPLY they advertise their application service alot. I think they should do something for the people they screw up while doing the job they were hired to do. Where else does ....I'm sorry ...make it ok? They do this for a living, they should stand behind the service they are selling especially one as important as applying people for big game hunts in AZ.I just checked my AZ elk points last night and i'm sitting on 9 pt's I would hate to look at that AZ bonus page and see 7 pt's knowing it should be 9.

This is a nightmare situation and AZ is brutal for non-residents so not having the Loyalty point impacts you for the next 5 drawings (or 6?) and the loss of the application point for a year impacts you until draw again and you may have to settle for a much less desirable hunt when you are drawn.

Has this application service made restitution yet? You may have signed a waiver that limits their liability but the bad press will easily cost them $10,000s.

Let's look at one well-known application service, as an example: 14000 members x $100/yr plus hunt appn fees for many of those members plus a portion of the revenues for sponsored hunts sold plus mag ad fees plus DVD and merchandise sales plus map sales plus annual hunt lottery....that is a multi-million dollar revenue stream that relies on a reputation of ACCURACY.

Every time I get the itch to let some service front the money (for a fee), or simply do the work, I read these threads. It doesnt take long for me to decide to keep doing it the old fashioned way, besides, it's pretty fun.

Bill in MI

The loyalty point came out of response to the USO lawsuit. Some of the thinking behind it was to give advantage to the applicant who faithfully applies every year ovet the first/short timer using an application service, like USO. The services like to wait too late to use correction period for profit reasons. Anyway, apply early and on your own, you are not going to get cut any slack because the serivce screwed up. It could be worse...what if you were top pool, especially deer, and they screwed up your application? That would essentially put you out of the running...

Update on the yet to be named application service. It seems they are going to refund all my charges for their service this year and next if I choose to use their services again. I think this is a reasonable offer. Nobody is perfect.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

"Fool Me Once" ??? apply,apply yourself in future.Find a reputable Outfitter in your hunt state/area and ask their suggestions on where.Most offer this free of charge,at least many I know --- Bruce & SilverGrand

LAST EDITED ON May-08-11 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]"I learned something from this. Nobody cares about your hunts as much as you do and you can't pay someone to care! You can't pay someone to care!!!"

You got that absolutely right. Same for everything in life, especially if you are not wealthy nor important. Others will act like you are a priorety but they are looking out for #1 and only #1.

Since Arizona is basically a preference point state for all practical purposes, you have 2 extra years to wait now........just for elk alone. Add in other species and you have a huge loss. Just figuring your nonrefundable license fee alone 2 extra years..........$302.50? That plus interest should be where damages START.

I would not dream of using an application service. I have made a couple mistakes in 15 years, but can live with these.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom