AZSFW Proposed Changes to HB2072

Gwagen

What a mess! Isn't that nice of them to offer G&F "up to 30%" of the net proceeds (that would mean after the 10% administrative expenses) for what belongs 100% to the people of Arizona.

--------------------------------------------------

Memorandum
To: Arizona Sportsmen and Conservation Organization Board of Directors
RE: Response to Organization Concerns about HB 2072
DATE: February 29, 2010

In our continuing effort to communicate with sportsmen and conservation organizations, we wanted to bring you up to date on the status of HB 2072. Earlier today we met with representatives from the Governor?s office and two of the five commissioners primarily to see if there is an opportunity for continuing dialogue on the bill. We agreed to continue to communicate with them as we progress to let them know what changes we are making to the bill.
We appreciate the responses and feedback that we have received relative to the introduced version of the bill and our responses to those concerns are listed below. It is our desire to solicit any additional concerns you may have. We respectfully request that this memo be disseminated to all members of your respective Boards of Directors asking them to identify additional issues that they may have. We will seriously evaluate and respond to any legitimate concerns. There are at least four items that we agree to modify in response to concerns and issues that have been raised thus far as follows:
1. The original bill had no cap on administrative fees; we will cap those fees at 10%
2. While the original bill had a reporting requirement for the qualifying organization to adopt a Board resolution and submit it to the Arizona Game and Fish Department specifying the amount of proceeds received from the sale of tags from the auction and raffle and sold at the EXPO and Banquets and the costs associated with same and the monies paid for each of the six purposes listed in the bill and the cost of administration. We will add a new provision requiring an annual outside independent audit of the proceeds received from tag sales and the expenditure of those proceeds by a certified public accountant.
3. We have been asked to cap the number of tags that will be available as a result of the legislation in the future to 350 tags. We agree to cap the number of tags at 350.
4. Concern has been raised by some that none of the monies flow directly back to the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD). We are willing to negotiate with Game and Fish and are prepared to offer them up to 30% of the net proceeds to augment their hunter recruitment program if they support the legislation.

Please communicate any additional concerns to Suzanne Gilstrap at 602-390-4518 or preferably communicate via email to [email protected] .

"We are willing to negotiate with Game and Fish and are prepared to offer them up to 30% of the net proceeds"

Wow! Did he actually say negotiate and prepared to make an offer? I really hope you guys in AZ can stop this train wreck.

What a SHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at number (4): So in effect, they are admitting that none of the money was ever going to go back to the G&F!!

But now, they are proposing a Vito Corleone..."I'll make him an offer he can't refuse".... of 30%!

AZSFW is a bunch of snakes!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-12 AT 05:26PM (MST)[p]AVOID USING EMAILS - I SMELL A RAT!

Who's to say how a list of emails will be used!

Why give contact info and ask for imput/discussion now!?

He's asking for input from people within the SFW organization, not from the people that want them to go down the tubes!

The proposed changes were discussed at the azsfwc/wcc meeting on tuesday. So a conservation group meeting that isn't connected to a political group of the same name, has political agenda presented at their meeting by the not same uh same organization.

Kent

Why would any group give any funds to the game and fish? They will just spend it on the wolf recovery, endangered frogs, minnows, owl studies, etc.... What they are currently doing with the deer and elk herds in this state is a disaster.. I wish there was as much care about the annual increase of elk tags as there was about 1 tag allocated to conservation for a given hunt. (+50 more archery tags in 10 this yr, +25 early rifle bull tags, +100 I believe on late elk tags all in unit 10, this is just one example of devastating the elk herd.
Whether one agrees with this bill or not, or which conservation group is doing the bill, one thing is for certain, there needs to be political clout from a sportsmans group that has the funding and infrastructure in place to protect the hunting heritage against the attacks coming down the pipeline from the antis and other hippy groups.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-12 AT 08:21PM (MST)[p]Why G&F has a legal dept. the whole one conservation group with clout is crap. It's the people that carry the clout in their words and actions ie votes.
Obviously your a supporter of sfw. Go back and read the bill. What does a tag grab have to do with clout in the court or the legislature? Not one thing.

That post by canon was about the worst with no sense made at all! It's very obvious he's another SFW Koolaid drinker, LOL!!!

We are all patiently waiting for ADA to pull their affiliation with AZSFW like four other standup organizations. If ADA pulls out AZSFW's entire house of cards will fall.

You know Yuma I absolutely believe that statement to be true. I only hope they do this because it will give them, the leadership or board, the credibility they need in order to survive this. Kolezar needs to act now. If he doesn't step up to the plate I think the ADA will lose its members.
I don't want to see this happen. I'm glad the YRGC has distanced themselves.
When this is done and the dust settles and hopefully sfw in AZ is a memory, I would Iike to speak to the boards of the organizations together.
But that's for another time. Right now the wolves at the door. We're doing good. EveryOne tell people you know about this show them the memo Hamberlin put out. Most have no idea this is going on.
JD

Tried too see se who this Canon guy is and his account has been disabled.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

While we are waiting to see what the ADA does...

The AZSFW site shows the following are still member organizations:

Arizona Deer Association (Platinum)
Arizona Big Horn Sheep Society (Platinum)
Arizona Antelope Foundation (Silver)
Phoenix Chapter, Safari Club International (Silver)
Arizona Chapter, Safari Club International (Silver)
Tucson Chapter, Safari Club Inbternational (Silver)
Arizona Bowhunter's Association (Bronze)
Southern Arizona Wildlife Callers, Inc. (Bronze)
Arizona Predator Callers (Bronze)
Arizona Trapper's Association (Bronze)
Grand Canyon Hounds (Bronze)
Mogollon Sporting Association (Bronze)

Besides ADA, is anyone a member of these organizations and do we know where they stand or if they are aware of what is going on?

Perhaps some of the others may want to withdraw affiliation as well.

JB

"We are all patiently waiting for ADA to pull their affiliation with AZSFW like four other standup organizations. If ADA pulls out AZSFW's entire house of cards will fall. "

JD, I know you are very passionate about this topic. Like you, I have been associated with the ADA over the years and volunteered a bit of time/effort here and there. IMO though, as long as Pete and John are at the helm of the ADA, the organization will NOT officially cut ties with AZSFW and this whole idea..... :( Call me a pessimist or call me a realist. Makes no difference to me...... I'm absolutely NOT any genius, but I'm capable of coming-up with the answer to 2+2. It doesn't take a genius.....

Until the ADA OFFICIALLY says that they are not in support or in favor of this whole idea/deal, then I would assume they ARE.

It was obvious in the meeting at Bass Pro Shops a couple of weeks ago that Pete and John both support this.

S.

:(

"We are all patiently waiting for ADA to pull their affiliation with AZSFW like four other standup organizations. If ADA pulls out AZSFW's entire house of cards will fall. "

JD, I know you are very passionate about this topic. Like you, I have been associated with the ADA over the years and volunteered a bit of time/effort here and there. IMO though, as long as Pete and John are at the helm of the ADA, the organization will NOT officially cut ties with AZSFW and this whole idea..... :( Call me a pessimist or call me a realist. Makes no difference to me...... I'm absolutely NOT any genius, but I'm capable of coming-up with the answer to 2+2. It doesn't take a genius.....

Until the ADA OFFICIALLY says that they are not in support or in favor of this whole idea/deal, then I would assume they ARE.

It was obvious in the meeting at Bass Pro Shops a couple of weeks ago that Pete and John both support this.

S.

:(

Stanley, Pete told us at the meeting that he said,'No,No,No to azsfw, that 2072 was a 'bad' bill'. He said they wouldn't try it again and he would pull his support if they did.

I'm sure he is good for his word right... he said it right to us right.

Kent

Ok folks I need any last minute anything you got. I will be meeting with a senator this evening. Thank you to those who have given so much do quickly ! You know who you are. I'm very optimistic because of the voice from every corner of this great state and I'm proud to be an Arizonan . Let's keep at it cause fires burn differently in Arizona compared to other states!
JD

I'm going to work on another letter...

Does azsfw have the support of sportsmen? Why have 4 organizations officially removed themselves from azsfw publicly because of 2072, Why has not one other organization publicly supported azsfw and 2072. The waiting orgs are in a catch 22 or so they think. If they support 2072 their membership and general sportsmen community will revolt and they will end or be diminished... if azsfw is successful in the legislation they will be blackballed from any funds and will end or be diminished. Poor leadership...

Make azsfw bring proof to the Governor and legislature of their claim to 'voice of the sportsmen' make them bring 'public' statements of that support from the remaining orgs and any individual sportsmen.

I don't think they can prove that support and it will sink all their other claims.

Kent

JD,

I sent my emails to my reps/senator. If possible, I'd like to know the outcome of your meeting.

All of the above mentioned orgs will lose members if this thing flys and maybe if it doesn't as well. There is a grass roots movement that is happening gents and it WILL be for us regular guys. Shoot, I've heard rumors of actually having one member one vote! Could you imagine that? Being part of an org that actually cares what you think?

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

Let me also add that we need to get behind and support any org that pulled their membership with azsfw!

Somebody on another post about all this said Hamberlin was all done with it,due to the neg feedback.Looks like that was a bunch of crap.I guess huntin the strip at will gets in your blood so he is willing to negotiate ,C'MON its only 350 tags. And you even get up to 30% of the proceeds, is HAMBERLIN for real? Dont fall for his BULLSH!T. BH1

AZSFW is losing support. AES, YVRGC and AZNWTF pulled out early followed by Coconino Sportsmen. Today, I learned the Hunt of a Lifetime has also pulled out.

George

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom