Back Door-DOW major Screw up

Lab

The DOW did not issue any licences to out of state. They have to redraw the Deer and possibly the Elk. It is a cluster

Don't mean to be a j..azz but are you sure? There is a guy on here saying that he know of NR's that had their points go to zero prior to the site being taken down.
Maybe the NR % was way lower than supposed to be?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

There may have been an issue with NR licenses but some did draw. A NR I know had his deer points go to zero.

Fact is some nonresidents drew (couple of friends), or at least their points went to zero. There could be some really pissed off people once this is resolved.

If you read through the 2014 recaps you can see that most of the units didn't give any tags for non residents. All most all of the hunt codes that started with dm did not get any non resident tags. Although all the hunt codes that started with dm and we're private land only tags, they gave the correct number of tags to non residents

I don't think there going to have to redo the draw. I believe there going to have to go in and take the correct percent of tags that were for non residents from residents that were the lowest point holders that drew.

Not sure of anything but this is what I think is going to happen

LAST EDITED ON May-16-14 AT 08:22PM (MST)[p]>If you read through the 2014
>recaps you can see that
>most of the units didn't
>give any tags for non
>residents. All most all of
>the hunt codes that started
>with dm did not get
>any non resident tags. Although
>all the hunt codes that
>started with dm and we're
>private land only tags, they
>gave the correct number of
>tags to non reside

What 2014 recaps? They aren't out yet. I wish I could at least understand your sentences.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Adam copied the recaps before they were pulled back. What he is saying is that the recaps show on some hunts that tags were not awarded to non residents.

Rich

Other than customer service people, CDOW has been pretty quiet in the News Release section. I assume an IT person botched the process and they are frantically trying to fix it. I just hope we find out soon.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-14 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON May-16-14
>AT 08:22?PM (MST)

>
>>If you read through the 2014
>>recaps you can see that
>>most of the units didn't
>>give any tags for non
>>residents. All most all of
>>the hunt codes that started
>>with dm did not get
>>any non resident tags. Although
>>all the hunt codes that
>>started with dm and we're
>>private land only tags, they
>>gave the correct number of
>>tags to non reside
>
>What 2014 recaps? They aren't
>out yet. I wish
>I could at least understand
>your sentences.
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am)

OK sorry for the post, using my phone and I talk into it instead of typing. just trying to tell people what I think happened After reading the 2014 draw results that cdow posted on there Web site.

If you would like to see them I can email you them

I read deer stats before they were deleted! Most hunts had 0 NR tags drawn! A couple I remember were 82 early rifle, 30 tags,0 NR drawn. 201 archery, 8 tags, 0 NR drawn. Also noticed 0 NR drawn for 21/30 archery deer! The entire statistic page with NR tags available & tags drawn was crazy!
David

LAST EDITED ON May-17-14 AT 02:29AM (MST)[p]
>>
>>>If you read through the 2014
>>>recaps you can see that
>>>most of the units didn't
>>>give any tags for non
>>>residents. All most all of
>>>the hunt codes that started
>>>with dm did not get
>>>any non resident tags. Although
>>>all the hunt codes that
>>>started with dm and we're
>>>private land only tags, they
>>>gave the correct number of
>>>tags to non reside
>>
>>What 2014 recaps? They aren't
>>out yet. I wish
>>I could at least understand
>>your sentences.
>>
>>txhunter58
>>
>>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>>I am)
>
>OK sorry for the post, using
>my phone and I talk
>into it instead of typing.
>just trying to tell people
>what I think happened After
>reading the 2014 draw results
>that cdow posted on there
>Web site.
>
>If you would like to see
>them I can email you
>them

LOL, technology is great isn't it! Thanks for the update. The only question now is whether or not some residents will lose tags the computer said they had. If so, there will be some disappointed folks!

txhunter58

all of my points except, turkey, sheep & goat say "pending"

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>all of my points except, turkey,
>sheep & goat say "pending"

mntman:
Same here. Maybe we are being penalized for checking so often.:)

I got the report from Adam. The hunt I applied my son and I for had 50 general tags. 43 were drawn by residents and 7 landowner tags. No NR drew. So they should take 15 tags back from the resident pool. 43 of the 50 residents that applied drew most with 0 points. The 15 NR tags would be gone by the 1 point group.

Had a NR friend who's points went to 0 - he is a non res and put in for 21 first choice archery.. According to the recap numbers this did not happen...

I was also told by the CPW that the hunt recaps is where the problem for deer is and once they have a problem they run all the rest of the draws (elk antelope ect) and figure out the problem if there is one in the extra week they have after all the draws are done.

Again dont believe the hunt recaps that were posted as they did not populate the NR hunters.

Finally if you believe that the hunt recaps posted for a few min fpr deer were right they are not.

Did I say the CPW has explicitly said that the hunt recap numbers posted for deer are not right and there are NR that were not included in the hunt recap..

I want to believe I still have a chance because I thought I had the points to draw. At the same time seeing points change on the data base is not an official notice that one has or has not drawn a tag. Until I get that official notice anything can happen.

>>all of my points except, turkey,
>>sheep & goat say "pending"
>
>mntman:
>Same here. Maybe we are being
>penalized for checking so often.:)
>

funny but don't say crap like that, they may get some crazy ass idea and pull a stunt like that.
FYI-I will never check my results until the scheduled release date... I promise :)

Mntman

Maybe folks need to just take off the tinfoil hats and wait until they are officially up on the 30th

just a thought...

They are doing something. I learned this from another post, but you can go the preference points page where it says pending. Right click anywhere on that page and select "view source". Scroll down in the box that pops up and you can see your points for 2014. Look like we got our antelope tags to go along with our deer tags!

Just checked mine,doing what is said to check points,mine says nothing about 2014. 2013 is the last I can find.

Whiterock. I am hearing from multiple people that their secondary page also has only 2013 data as well. Probably just have to wait a few days and see

txhunter58

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom