BACK PORCH SONGDOG DOWN!

OLBUZZTAIL

Woke up last Wednesday to frozen pipes and 30+ below zero not counting the windchill so I called and said I would not be in to work due to the fact I had to get the well and pipes unthawed.

About 8:30am I was still trying to get motivated enough to go outside and deal with the well and the freezing temps, as I was looking out my back sliding door window I noticed a lone Songdog walking out in the crop circle behind my home about 300 yards out.. Oh $hit!! I said..

Running to my gun safe trying to get the combo right on the first try in a hurry is tough but I got it and grabbed my 22-250 ran to the back door and looked out the window....no Coyote.

What the hell he was just there and now he's gone I thought..I was disapointed but left my rifle by the back door just in case and went back to my cup of coffee.

I think about 10 minutes went by when I looked out with my Binos scanning the field and damn!! there he is again just poking around out there in the snow. I ran to the back door in my slippers and out on the back porch.

The Yote was walking away now but still within 300 yards, I leaned against one of the posts that holds up my porch and cranked my scope up to 10 power drew a bead on him and waited for him to stop walking.

He was still facing away from me but slightly quartered...BOOM! I launched a 55 grainer and it hit him right in the hindquarter passing through and into his gut twords the vitals, I saw him do the (TASMAINIAN DEVIL SPIN) as I heard the tell tale WHOP of the bullet impact.

He took off running paralell to my home and I watched him till he disapeared on a slightly lower part of the crop circle. That Yote is toast I said and went back inside to get dressed and go retrieve him.

I called my neighbor to let him know I was going to be crossing the fence to get a Yote I had just shot and he asked if he could have the pelt, of course I said yes. he met me out in the field promtply and made short work of that Dog with his little pocket knife.

Busting that Yote made up for a crappy day with frozen pipes!!

HERE IS THE CRASH SITE AS I WALKED UP ON HIM...
6002100_4238.jpg

HERE IS THE THE VIEW FROM BEHIND WHERE HE CRASHED AND MY HOME IN THE DISTANCE WHERE THE SHOT WAS TAKEN FROM.
8932100_4239.jpg

HE WAS AN ADULT MALE WITH A NICE THICK PELT.
2245100_4240.jpg

MY NEIGHBOR MAKING QUICK WORK SKINNING THE YOTE, THE HORSES HAD TO COME CHECK US OUT..
8577100_4241.jpg

HE'S ALMOST GOT HIM DONE.
5259100_4246.jpg

THE FINAL CUT TO RELEASE THE HIDE..
6611100_4247.jpg

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

+1 on the skidmark crash site...lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Thanks Guys!!
I did'nt get out to many times this season and only put one Songdog down out of only two that I called in this season so that bonus dog was great. but I enjoyed seeing everyone elses pics and storys, There are a great bunch of predator crazy guys here on MM.

KEEP ON WACK'N EM' GUYS!!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Hope your doing all right OBT last year at this time you had this yote section on fire with all the coyote killin you were doin. Good luck.

I can't wait till the day when we can treat Wolves to the same type of Hospitality....Thanks for shareing Buzz, you made my day ;)

"For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security."

Thomas Jefferson

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom