Barnes Triple-Shock

shotgunjim

Has anybody tried these bullets yet? I bought a box last week and loaded some up. havn't had a chance to shoot them yet. And when you first cleaned your gun with Barnes CR-10 solvent, how long did it take you until the patches didn't come out blue? It took me seriously 2 hours before they came out clean and I clean my rifle after every 5 shots or so. Now it doesn't take near that long.

I tryed some Triple shocks last week in a 257 Roberts and for the first time I got some promising groups with Barnes bullets. I'll have to investigate futher I believe...

As for the copper fouling, I've been using Shooter's Choice Copper Remover and I was also having problems getting the blue to go away untill I started scrubbing with a nylon bore brush. The job progressed much faster after that, and my bore brushes stay tighter longer to.

There is something new on the market that isn't ammonia based, its called Copper Melt. Their add is pretty convincing, however they price is a bit steep.

Copper remover
I use the same stuff shooter choice and was having the same problem as above. I called the company and ask whats up. What you have to do is put the cooper remover on your brush scub the barrel, then when done clean off the brush with carb or brake clean. If you dont do this every time you will get the blueing from the copper brush. My gun takes 15 to 20 mins to clean after a good days of shooting. Not dogging Barnes bullets but the are the most copper fowling bullet out there, sorry.

I loaded some triple shock for my 300 RUM. and I was NOT impressed the same as with the barnes X, I Will NEVER waste my money on another Barnes product again!

I have the triple schocks loaded up for my 270 and they seem very accurate. Easy 1" groups. Using the max load in the Barnes Manual with Reloader 19 powder I am getting 3240 fps with the 130 gr bullet. I am very happy with the bullet so far, but the big question is how it actually preforms on a deer. I hope to have an answer on that question in about 11 days!!!

Good Luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom