Base Camp Tent

m48goat

Ive been looking at getting a new base camp tent. I always use a pack tent but want something like a wall tent. what do you guys use and prefer?(canvas wall tent, cabelas alaknak, teepee stye tent)? This would be for late season hunts and would like to use a wood stove as well. please post pictures if you have any of your set up. Thanks

Goat

wall tent with 5' walls and make sure its "white" canvas. You get dark green and you will be needing night vision goggles to see in there at high noon.
77131001460.jpg

Made my own frame using 2x2's and welded up some brackets for it. Cost me under $100 (in 2006) to build frame.
2685444.jpg

Use a tarp over it to help water proof in heavy rains and also when it snows the snow will slide off a lot easier vs holding heavy weight up there.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

8686pa110004shrunk1.jpg

10x12 wall tent w tarp/awning. A tent ridge pole extends out over the front door. It supports the awning w no upright pole.

4157pa110005shrunk1.jpg

Inside the 10x12 tent. Cots for 2, and propane heater. Many prefer wood stoves. We find that w stout sleeping bags and quilts, no heat is needed @ night. The propane heater warms it up fast. And no cinder burns from a stove chimney on the tent roof.

kodiak, springbar are hard to beat.
With care, they will last a life time.
I have a 10x14 Kodiak that I love. We have used it a LOT.
We also have a couple of sprinbars that have been in service for probably 15 years. They look and work great.

forgot to say we use propane too. Instant heat and instant cool down and no need to spend time cutting wood. Wouldn't burn wood if someone paid me to do it while at hunting camp.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom