Best camera

Shedfreak380

this has probley been asked before. Im looking to buy a good camera to get sweet deer and elk pics. any sugestions cuz idk where to start?

start here:

1. budget
2. output - i.e., what you want to do with the photos once you get them.
3. budget
4. budget
5. budget

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Shedfreak, I should have asked you to tell use what you want to do with your photos and how much you have to spend. . .

I made the list but realized that it did not ask you to answer the question. In order for me to help you more I need you to tell me what you want to do with the images once you get them, and how much money you have to spend. . .

Merry Christmas. . .

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Im not going to do much with the pictures just keep em for myself and maybe post em up once in a while. i just want to get a good clear quality picture that a can take from a distence(givin that i can't get close enough) but can get a very close looking picure. buget wise up to $1,500 or so

in that case, i think your best bet would be one of the point and shoot cameras, or a used dslr system... buying use can be a bit risky, so i only mention it because it's an option.

check on www.dpreview.com for side by side comparisons of all-in-one tele point and shoot cameras.

Or, call Joel at cameraland, he's a great guy and will help you with what he as in stock. If you choose to buy a camera from him, his prices are hard if not impossible to beat!

Tony

www.tonybynum.com

what do you want to shoot, and what do you want to do with the images once you get them. There are trade offs. The best thing depends on your needs and budget. I'm not being evasive but some they all do things one better than another, like I said its all about trade offs and there's no such thing as "the best" all around camera. Once you go to far to make an "all around" camera you have to skimp on each end so the results are a average at best.

www.tonybynum.com

I personally wouldn't ever buy a camera that doesn't shoot in RAW format. Many of the new point and shoot cameras do these days. If you are computer savy you can really do a lot with a photo in RAW.

Another thing to consider is size.
The big SLR type cameras take great (read better) photos, but carrying one around your neck while hunting is almost impossible. There are a number of "pocket size" cameras, smaller than a pack of cigarettes. Most only have 3X zoom, but they drop in a shirt pocket, and are ready whenever that "shot of a life time" presents itself.

its is an entry level dslr capable of recording stunning images with the right lenses and operator. it is not pretty good or pretty bad, it is a very capable camera. . .

If I were you I'd buy a nikon, at least then you have access to older nikkor lenses if you ever want to go big! You can buy a 300 2.8 manual focus lens on ebay for a song. . . there are other great manual lenses that today are optically very good going for dirt cheep... with a canon, you are resigned only to the latest lens mount. . .

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-09 AT 07:08PM (MST)[p]alright TFinal thanks ill check out the nikon alot more. do you have any suggestions on what model to look into? thanks for the help and advise

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom