best release for the money

HNTNFSH

I'm getting back into bow hunting and just got a new bow but I need a release . I have always shot fingers but with my new bow there is no way. Any advice or recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks

do NOT go to walmart PLEASE!!!! go to a bow shop and ask them. I shoot a truball... scott makes some good stuff. try a hand held, back tension, etc. wilde arrow in centerville is awesome

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

Shot a truball for 10 years. It finally gave out on me this year. Shot a couple of other truballs and I didn't like them. They were nowhere near as nice as my old one.

I ended up going with the Scott Mongoose. I love the release! Really nice for the money. Not the cheapest but by far not the most expensive! I think I paid around 70.00 for it.

Go to an archery shop and try them out before you buy. I didn't do this in the beginning and went through 5 or 6 before I found the wrist release I liked, truball cyclone. I have since switched to a thumb release, also a truball. I like the thumb much better because I get another good solid anchor point that fits my style better than a wrist release.

Well just got back from walmart and got the cheapest one I could find on cleareance. Just kidding thanks for the advice I'm going tomorrow to an archery shop and I will try them all thanks again

3 blade is giving some pretty good advice there. You should go and shoot as many different types as you can until you find the one you like.

I have a Fletch Hunter release that I have used for over 30 years. I would be lost without it. It has the heavy nylon wrist strap that I slide my hand through which I prefer over the Velcro type straps of today. It is similar to today?s new ones where I can adjust it to hair trigger which I don't prefer or a light to heavy squeeze. If I had to buy a new release I would get a new fletch hook release as it is pretty close to the one I have now but that's just me.

GBA

Spot Hogg....wise guy if you like a wrist sling!!!! if you like a hand held relese(thumb relese) well they got the friday night delight and saterday night special.... stay tuned spot hogg is commin out with some new stuff!!!!

For the money? I'm sure most people on here will disagree but I'll say Cobra pro caliper. Inexpensive and it works great. Had the velcro strap first and I lost that one so I bought the buckle and I actually like it better. $29.95 at sportsmans. I've tried other types of releases and I cant see spending 70, 80 or even 100 bucks on a release, especially since I seem to permanantly misplace them. Just my opinion.

+1 on the Scott. I like the wildcat or the Rhino XT NCS. I currently am shooting the Rhino XT NCS. Shot the wildcat for years, then switched to the Rhino. LOVE IT

YOU'RE FAT!! DON'T TRY AND SUGAR COAT IT OR YOU WILL EAT THAT TOO!!

"best release for the money?"

Its the one that fits your budget. Its also the one that fits your personal shooting style. Its the one that fits your hand.

archery is so personal what would work for me wont always work for you.

look over a few and pick on you like. Your the one that has to shoot it in the end.

If you are used to shooting fingers, a handheld will feel more natural to you. Gives you a good solid anchor. I love my Carter!

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-11 AT 01:00PM (MST)[p]If it has a wrist strap, don't pick it up.

Carter and TruBall and Spot Hogg are currently the best hand held. The new larger handle Spot Hogg or Carter Just Cuz would be my choices.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom