Best Target?

bigbull1

Very Active Member
What is the best target or target set up you have used/seen?

With broadheads, I am trashing my Block target every time I pull the arrow out. Also my Block target surrounded by straw bales blow over every time the wind picks up.

One guy at Sportsman's Warehouse said he built a plywood box that would fit four straw bales, and would hang animal targets on it.

Your imput is appreciated!

Ed
482368ee43fb5e39.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-08-08 AT 11:25PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-08-08 AT 11:22?PM (MST)

I dont think it is possible to find a target that will stand up to broadheads well. I have tried almost all of them, and the block 4x4 seemed to be the best, but still wont hold up to constant broadhead use. I stopped shooting broadheads into expensive targets like the block, and buy the cheap wal mart targets for broadhead shooting. The block targets last several seasons with field points. Once I get field points and broadheads hitting the same spot, I stop shooting broadheads until season starts.

I have one of the old Yellow Jacket broadhead targets. It has performed pretty well, much better than my block target. The newer version of the Yellow Jacket is supposed to be even better. They are reasonably priced too.

Don't even try to shoot filed points at it though. They are basically glued in.

>I have one of the old
>Yellow Jacket broadhead targets. It
>has performed pretty well, much
>better than my block target.
>The newer version of the
>Yellow Jacket is supposed to
>be even better. They are
>reasonably priced too.
>
>Don't even try to shoot filed
>points at it though. They
>are basically glued in.

I too love the yellow jacket BH target. great price and great performance. then just get a decent bag target for FP

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

National guard archery staff shooter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom