Big ND archery whitetail.

sdmuleybuck

Last night I harvested my biggest archery whitetail. I scouted hard all summer and had some trail cam pictures of a few real nice bucks. Then about three weeks ago the deer vanished probably due to the extreme heat we had been having.

Saturday was real hot again and big buck sightings did not occur.

Sunday was looking better as it was 15 degrees cooler. Evening came and I had a decnent 5x4 come by and then a basket rack 3pt.

There was about 20 minutes of shooting light left when I could see three deer coming down the trail. The first was a nice 4x4, then a little 3pt and then the big guy. As the deer approached I had my bow ready. After a couple of minutes the big one had not come out of a tree thicket. Did he hang up in there I thought? I then looked directly across the draw and there he was. He was at thirty yards and walking. He walked down the trail to a spot I had ranged before at 25yds and stopped broadside. I was thinking I have a chance then drew back and he was stil unaware I was there. I settled my 20yd pin just a little above where I wanted to hit him and released. There was a thump and he ran off down hill then went up hill and flipped over backwards, he was down for the count in under 50yds!!

The last time I had pictures of him was July 22nd. I can't believe on the second day I hunted He came down the trail I was on!

931920120902_195644.jpg

47220120902_195946.jpg

Trail cam picture.

6222river12_029.jpg

I know its not a muley buck but did not get a muley tag in ND this year so had to put the time into hunting whitetails.

My bro and I will be chasing whitetails in SD this year! Great buck!

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

If you cant hunt muledeer a big whitetail is the next best thing.It is an awesome buck and only 2 days into hunting him, you cant ask for much more than that. Congrats to you!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-12 AT 08:23AM (MST)[p]Great looking Whitey. Will look great on the wall.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom