Bino holder

W

wihunter

I am looking for opinions on a bino pouch for my 10x42 Vortex. I have looked online at both the Badlands Bino Pack and the Alaska Guide Creations Bino Pouch. They both seem pretty good and have different features that I like. What do you guys think? Which one do you like/own and why?

AGC is made here in the USA by a guy just like us. It's a great product.

Badlands originally made the pouch for Jaret, then changed it enough to get away from the patent and they don't make it here... I have my own feelings about that.

Works well in combo with my backpack, hiking in. I got it after having to crawl on the ground archery lope hunting, dragging my binos in the dirt strapped around my neck was a hindrance.

Things I put in mine.

DSC00443Medium.jpg

Kent

I like the solid straps on the Badlands bino pouch but gave mine away because my Swaro EL's had a hard time fitting in the pouch.
Have never used the AGC. fatrooster.

Fatrooster,

My 10X42 ELs easily fit my my AGC pouch. There are two sizes of the AGC and mine is the smaller of the two. If you have the 15X56 then you would likely want the larger size.

I have the Badlands version & so far love it!! Takes a lil gettin used too(kinda bulky) but really doesn't bother anything, just a lil gettin used to it being "there"

I have heard rumor that Horn Hunter is going to have one similar to the badlands, only quieter and not as bulky. Should be out in a couple months. So I hear.

}}-SLIVER-->

I am also interested in finding a good bino cover. Here is a few that I have been looking at. Bino cover from cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Binocular-Soft-Cover/732627.uts it looks pretty good. Then there is the the one from http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/product.php?productid=1&cat=3&page=1 that also looks pretty good. I want to be able to get them out quick if I need to and still want them protected and don't want something bulky like the Badlands and the AGC bino chest pack.

Give Jaret a call. You can find his number on his web page. He was nice enough to send me one to look at. I really like the pack but I am going to see when he will be getting different camo paterns in.

I've tried a few including the badlands and the one I like the best by far is the bino shield by crooked horn outfitters.Not bulky at all it has a pouch in front and is just perfect for what I do.I've had mine for over 4 years and it's one of the best things I've bought in awhile.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-10 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]Called Jaret and he sent me a green one to look at and said to use it and if I like it send him a check. He also said he will be getting the camp ones in about a month and that was last week. So he said I can send the green one back and get the camo so I am going to do that. He said it was the King's Mt Shadow pattern. Can't wait to try it out.

Go to Tango Archery (tangoarchery.com) and see their great American made bino rain guard. I've ordered one for my new Minox 10x43APO HG and should have it next week.

Well got my AGC bino chest pack about a week ago and love it. I brought it to work to show some guys here and they all liked it so much they bought one too. So if you have not checked them out I would recomend you give Jaret a call and he will send you one to look at and if you like it you can send him a check. It is perfect for keeping you expensive optics safe from the elements and dirt and whatever else can get on them.

Josh

IF you are not in a hurry to get one you might want to wait for the 46rail camo line to come out. We saw some of the FMP guys wearing their prototype bino holder at Bowcast @ the bird, and they looked pretty sweet. They were supposed to be on the market for that bowshoot in July but they are still not out. Should be soon.

You guys using these prefer them to the shoulder straps like crooked horn makes? Seems like it would be a pain to unzip the pouch and pull the binoculars out everytime vs. just grabbing them up off your chest.

Thanks, Nathan

Nathan I thought the same thing as you. The AGC pack has a buckle in it that you just undo. I leave the buckle undone when I might need them quick and just pull the flap up. It was a lot faster for me even undoing the buckle because I kept my bino covers on when I just wore the harness. So I would have to take off the top covers and then flip down the front ones.

I also like the fact that they actually stay on my chest now and don't bounce around. I just took a piece of 550 cord and hooked it to the binos so if I don't want to put them back in the pouch they can still hang around my neck.

I also keep the buckle undone most of the time. This makes it just as quick as using a standard harness. The other nice things is if you need to hand your binos to someone else it doesn't require taking the harness off.

I guess I should give him a call and see this one for myself, Thanks for all the infor.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Go to the "Products and Services Review: site, then go 17 down and see how I modified the Alaska Bino Pack so the strap doesn't go over the top of the front zippered pouch. It works great!

It is alaskaguidecreations.com. I just got one of his new packs (redesigned) in and like it even more than the previous one. It is slightly wider (maybe an inch) and the zippers have a better design. I don't think it is pictured on his website but you can give him a call and he will tell you all about it. Or if you have any questions hopefully I can answer them.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-11 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p]I was able to get my hands on one of the Horn Hunter bino hubs at the expo. Some luck as the place that had them said that they were able to get 20 as some special for the show, and I bought the last one. I'll use it wednesday, and then post up a review with pics.

}}-SLIVER-->

I have the Badlands and like it a bunch. Still trying to decide though as my favorite may be the Crooked horn bino shield with the Mad Dog shoulder straps for hooking the bino too. The mad dog is not real strong though

Sliver, How did it work out for you? What do you think?

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

It worked awesesome! I'll post some pics and give a little review when I get a second.

}}-SLIVER-->

Take a look at the lockdown by s4 gear, you can check it out at www.s4gear.com and look at the you tube link for a review of it. I have not got one yet because they wont be shipping them out until the 1st of april but it looks very practacle, and depending on where you get one they run about $39.99, check it out and see what you think.

My buddy has the s4 lockdown and I have the Badlands. Needless to say, I am ordering the s4. It seems better suited for lightweight/bulk backcountry hunting.

I just ordered the S4 lockdown. Looks awesome and the Leica's deserve the protection. I just hope it's comfortable to wear under a pack.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom