Black Gold Ascent Slider

bowhunter223

Anyone try this sight this year in the vertical one pin model? I know Bohuntr said he had one sent to him back in March and was curious if anyone else had experience with one. They look nice. Was wondering about 3rd axis too....if it has it or not? Or if Bohuntr himself has some comments/review on this one? Thanks!

I have it on my 3D bow right now........AWESOME bright sight that is solid, incredibly lightweight, smooth elevation wheel, and easy to adjust. It also has the best warranty in the business, IMO......anything breaks.........no matter who's at fault.......it's replaced without hesitation.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I've been using the Ascent for a while now, and so far so good. Like BOHNTR said, it's super lightweight, especially for a slider.

I've used Black Gold's fixed-pin stuff quite a bit over the years too...never been dissapointed. They make a nice product.

As for 3rd axis, no, the Ascent doesn't have the adjustment. Kind of strange they didn't put it on there, but you can solve the issue with a little shimming if need be, so no biggie.

Thanks! I just ordered one from a dealer off of ArcheryTalk.

Can you help me understand how to shim for the 3rd axis?? Maybe some pics and/or a write-up on how-to?

That would be great!
Thanks!

Hey Roy! Was your sight hard to turn when you got it? Mine was VERY stiff and difficult to turn. Had to wrap my hand aroun the wheel, between my thumb and index finger to turn the wheel....it was NOT a simple turn with the tip of your thumb and index. I contacted Black gold and am going to send it back...but I hope the next one, or all of them, are this hard to turn. Comments? Experience?
Check this video out:
About the 1:14 minute mark
Mine DID NOT turn that easily!! That's how I would like it.

Thanks!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-10 AT 07:55PM (MST)[p]Mine turns with ease there is a locking nut to lock the sight in at what ever yardage you set it at, if that isn't loosened it would be difficult or next to impossible to turn. I love mine just wished they would of offered it in a single pin with the .010 size pin, I ended up with the 3 pin model with the .010.

Sorry 223.....was in Oklahoma for a week visiting pops.

No it should not be that tight.....it should be firm enough that it won't move if the locking lever is not set, but definitely not enough to where you're struggling with it. There is a way to set the tension, but it looks like BG is just going to send you a new one. Let us know how it works out for you.

BOHNTR )))---------->

bootspearo:

Have you talked to them about that? They'll build it the way you want.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom