Black Mag

gl7mm

I stopped at Cabelas to pick up some Black Mag propellant. They said the company was out of business. I see that Magkor still has an operating website. Is Black Mag done? I liked using it - clean and seemed to work fine.

MAGKOR is definately not out of business. They are having problems with distributors and I am not sure why. They have gone to factory direct sales which many business owners will not deal with as they want to deal with their local distributors. You can call the Magkor people and they will ship direct to you. Problem is that they have to tag a $20 hazmat fee to any powder shipments so unless you buy about a dozen pounds the cost is very high. Twelve pounds with hazmat fee and shipping fee will cost you about $25 a pound ($301.40 for the dozen with all fees included the last time I checked). Call (407) 682-4742 for current pricing and to order. I agree there is no powder that compares to Black Mag'3 in my stainless Omega. I cannot use Tripple Seven without a severe crud ring and Black Mag'3 gives me equal performance and no crud ring or fouling of any kind. Personally I love the stuff. The latest versions have been improved slightly to eliminate the clumping condition that some experienced. I did not see that problem.

Thanks. Hopefully I can locate a source in Minnesota and avoid the shipping fees. I really like using it and would hate to switch. I will give Magkor a holler.

More than likely you will not find a shop carrying it. You do have the option of getting a local shop to order several pounds and the cost would be close to the same to you by the time they add in their profit. The problem is that most shops have never heard of Black Mag'3 unless they are really into muzzleloading. I gave up on my shops and just ordered several pounds by myself. Or team up with other shooters and buy a lot. They are spend a lot of time working on the "Thundercharge" with MDM bullet guys which I personally think is a waste of time and finances but I don't run the company. If interested try WWW.MDM-muzzleloaders.com to look at the idea.

Update on the status of Black Mag3. I have tried unsuccessfully for a month to reach Magkor. I finally got a phone answer and MDM has bought the company and all the inventory for use in their powder charge concept. They plan to reintroduce/produce Black Mag3 in September they said. I was finally able to find a dealer with some inventory but it is a long way from home and they won't ship it. So I have it bought but haven't figured out how to get it yet. So we will have to see if MDM can get the product line back on the market.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom